• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rosinski

walt227

I may be one of the few, but I'll go ahead and say it.

As fondly as I remember Bill Rosinski, I also do like Mick Mixon.

It's not fair to put any of the blame for Rosinski's firing on Mixon, he had nothing to do with it. And yes, when he took over it was pretty rough.

These days though, I think Mick has improved by leaps and bounds and continues to do so. He, Eugene and Jim Szoke make a good team.

No, he isn't Rosinski, and he shouldn't be expected to be. Judged as his own man though, I think he's way better than before and now has become a decent "voice of the Panthers".

I was really harsh on Mick when he first took over, because he really was bad. He's improved significantly. Last year I was finally able to put the tv on mute and listen to the radio again with a radio delay program. Trust me, if you compare him and Eugene to that crap that comes out of the network announcer's mouths, he's awesome. That reminds me, I've got to find that program again since I've switched computers and the board crashed. I posted a link to it on the old board. Damn.

Found it. www.daansystems.com , free download from radiodelay link, 160kb.

Up to 20 sec adj delay, worked great for me last year on my laptop. Combined with a DVR, exact matching of sound vs picture was a breeze.

It's weird as hell. You can tune any to any station on the Panthers network on your radio, but the NFL tries to block any of them from streaming online because of their hokey Field Pass crap. If you search, you can usually find unblocked streaming from at least one station. The local Charlotte station has been blocked from online streaming of the game every time I've tried it. There are some assumptions in the above, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Cool stuff bryonez. I tried doing the radio thing and muting the TV last year, but the radio is usually several seconds ahead of the television broadcast which makes it unbearable. I wonder why the radio stations don't automatically add in their own delay so that they sync up with the TV broadcast. Oh well, I'll give this a shot.

I always start the DVR and delay my TV viewing to match the radio.

Works like a charm.

football.jpg

The radio is ahead of the real time tv broadcast (with it's built in Janet Jackson delay) in most cases. I've never been able to fast forward my DVR past the present into the future. You must have something delaying the radio broadcast that you are unaware of. A really slow computer laptop worked for me for a little while until I upgraded the rom/ram

I just have to say...

Rosinski was at the top of his game. Nobody they could find will ever be as good as Rosinski in that 2003 season. I listened to every game on the radio because I couldn't get the games on TV out west.

Classy reply. Unfortunately, I think it is clear that Rosinski wasn't always that classy behind the scenes, whether that had anything to do with his departure, I don't know.

I have a hard time understanding how Carolina will hold on to the talentless (Trgovac, past players like Goings, other coaches) and pay out the nose for a player like Peppers, but can't seem to scrape enough together for the best play by play guy in the NFL.

Why not give the guy a freakin' ring? He sat through that miserable 1-15 season with the rest of us.

Who the Panthers brought in to replace Rosinski, Mixon...I mean...the guy is total bush league compared to Rosinski. I can't really take him...and he's not even as big a fan as Rosinski was at the time. That guy was genuine...

I think the Panthers did their fans a disservice by letting Rosinski go.

What does it say that now, when I listen to the games, I PREFER Eugene!?!

Archived