• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Giving up on Peppers Trade?

PhillyB

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/27/lb-lenon-agrees-to-terms-with-patriots/

The article details the Patriots acquiring Lenon from the Lions to solidify their linebacking corps, filling in a spot that was once assumed to be open for Julius Peppers.

Am I reading into this a bit much, or is this evidence that they're moving on and forgetting about him?

If so, how will this affect Peppers' decision-making process? If not, what's Pep's most logical next move?

(i can't wait until august when we can actually discuss games.)

Belichick told Peppers to sign the tender and he didn't. I can't see how they can or would pursue until he does sign it. NE won't wait forever so I suspect they will move on. Next year will be a better opportunity and Peppers will likely be on the market again.

lenon will play ilb in new england so this doesn't effect the peppers situation at all
i agree here. also the money they are paying lenon is no where near what they would have to pay pep. this just goes along with trying to find any old LB to plug in like they normally do.

peppers staying here has nothing to do with them picking up lenon.

I agree that it's looking very likely that Peppers will be stuck playing for us next season. If that happens, what do you guys see happening *next* offseason? Surely the Panthers won't tag him again right? So will they just let him walk after paying him so much money this season? Will they tag him again and seek much less compensation than they were seeking this year similar to what happened with Kris Jenkins? What's the ultimate end game here because a one-year tag forcing Peppers to stay here is just a pause really.

Belichick told Peppers to sign the tender and he didn't. I can't see how they can or would pursue until he does sign it. NE won't wait forever so I suspect they will move on. Next year will be a better opportunity and Peppers will likely be on the market again.

Would Belichick even want a player that doesn't listen? Pep wanted out, was told by the coach we all assumed he wanted to play for, to sign the tender. He didn't. Makes me wonder if Belichick would even want aplayer that doesn't listen.

Archived