• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers FA as of 2010 and beyond

scpanther22

full list here

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractscar.php

Things worth noting about upcoming FA after the season..IMO

1.both backup QBs are FA (matt Moore will be resigned…IDK about Mccown..maybe 2010 we take a QB in the draft)

2. will moose retire?

3.Tyler Brayton is a FA..and he is the same age as peppers..might look to let

him go for someone younger. *waits for Fiz*

4.Thomas Davis and Richard Marshall are FA.plus peppers ..can we afford to tag peppers again sign Marshall and Davis to big contracts..IDK we will have to see

5. hopefuly we get some 2011 deals done some huge contracts will be there

Beason

D.Will

D.Jarret(if he shows up to be a good #2)

R.kalil

C.johnson

Evaluation of Tyler Brayton's future with the team needs to be delayed until after the 2009 season for obvious reasons.

Marshall is probably gone if Captain, Martin, or Wilson pan out at all. Thomas Davis needs to be resigned. Right now the priority should be Beason, Kalil, DWil.

full list here

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractscar.php

Things worth noting about upcoming FA after the season..IMO

1.both backup QBs are FA (matt Moore will be resigned…IDK about Mccown..maybe 2010 we take a QB in the draft)

2. will moose retire?

3.Tyler Brayton is a FA..and he is the same age as peppers..might look to let

him go for someone younger. *waits for Fiz*

4.Thomas Davis and Richard Marshall are FA.plus peppers ..can we afford to tag peppers again sign Marshall and Davis to big contracts..IDK we will have to see

5. hopefuly we get some 2011 deals done some huge contracts will be there

Beason

D.Will

D.Jarret(if he shows up to be a good #2)

R.kalil

C.johnson

I think Peppers will be gone, especially if Brown is as good as I think he can be.

Let Marshall walk.

Must resign Davis.

Agree on locking up Beason and Dwill.

Jarret... depends on this year

Kalil we can wait I think he isn't marquee (yet)

I think Peppers will be gone, especially if Brown is as good as I think he can be.

Let Marshall walk.

Must resign Davis.

Agree on locking up Beason and Dwill.

Jarret... depends on this year

Kalil we can wait I think he isn't marquee (yet)

That is exactly why you extend a guy before he will command the attention of the other teams. Kalil had a lot to do with the success of the O-line last season and is a young smart guy.

I think it will be important to learn form the past and not overpay our defense. While it hasn't lead to a serious issue...yet, the Buckner/Pep/Jenkins/Rucker line tied us up for a long time. We need to be careful what we pay guys like Davis and Marshall. Fox's loyalty may keep them here for something they're not worth.

I like Marshall a lot but we just resigned gamble and drafted Martin really high...I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone.

It'll be interesting tho if Marshall plays excellently and then we are in a bind with Peppers as well. We might not be able to afford both and if Peppers demands another franchise tag who knows what might happen.

Archived