• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gonzalez got out...By not forcing it

Montsta

Good observations.

You know, it might help Julius if he hired an agent.

Good call. I've got a lot of friends growing up that are still close to me, and my accountant/financial advisor does wonders with my itemized tax deductions, but none of them would be selected as my agent if I made it in professional sports. I love them to death, but I'm still gonna give Rosenhaus a call...

Good observations.

You know, it might help Julius if he hired an agent.

This for sure, or in the least. Maybe carry hired someone to help him in this area. Something and then maybe on Peppers part, get off the high horse with all the demands and poo.

It should be noted that what little of "forcing the issue" Peppers did was now almost four months ago. Since then he appears to have been patient.

This is what makes me think he'll be here this season and gone next. I really do see this playing out just like Gonzalez's situation. Very vocal at first, and then when he shut up about, he got his wish a year later. I really don't see it playing out Like Ocho Cinco, where EVERY year you hear trade rumors on the guy.

This is what makes me think he'll be here this season and gone next. I really do see this playing out just like Gonzalez's situation. Very vocal at first, and then when he shut up about, he got his wish a year later. I really don't see it playing out Like Ocho Cinco, where EVERY year you hear trade rumors on the guy.

Interesting point. If that is true, who then should we give credit to for making him "shut up about it" in your opinion?

The only difference is Peppers isn't signed to a contract, so if he goes next year it will probably be for nothing. Unless he signs a long term contract this year after seeing his value isn't what he thought it was(unlikely).

I don't know who finally got in Peppers and Carey's ears about how it's never a good idea to work on these types of things through the media. and that they aren't helping the situation by speaking out, but god bless whoever it was. Who knows, maybe Carl Carey finally finished his two week online be-an-agent classes, and the poor guy just didn't understand the trade negotiations portion because they hadn't gone over that yet. So I don't know who gets credit. Maybe Oprah and her free chicken.

Archived