• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CardiacCats 7-round Panthers Mock v.5.0 (w/trade)

CardiacCats

Version 1- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/72895-cardiaccats-panthers-7-round-mock-edition-1-a.html

Version 2- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75255-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-2-0-a.html

Version 3- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75913-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-3-0-a.html

Version 4- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/76280-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-4-0-a.html

CAROLINA PANTHERS TRADE 8/9TH OVERALL PICK IN THE 2012 NFL DRAFT AS WELL AS THEIR FOURTH ROUND PICK IN THE 2012 DRAFT TO THE CINCINNATI BENGALS FOR THE #17 OVERALL PICK AND #21 OVERALL PICK.

Trade could be somewhat realistic, don't think one will happen but let's just say it does, if Cincinnati can get Trent Richardson they will have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Illinois+v+Penn+State+lfLqP_QXIYTl.jpg

Pick 17-Devon Still-DT-Penn State

I like Brockers better but I doubt he's available at #17, but Still certainly isn't a bad consolation prize. Still was injury prone at Penn State which is an instant red flag, but his leadership skills really shined his senior campaign. With all the adversity in Happy Valley this year, he seemed to be the glue that held the Nittany Lions together and he really elevated his play. He's an instant upgrade over any of our defensive tackles we have right now so he would come in and start from Day 1. As a senior, Still registered 49 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

bilde-500x329.jpg

Pick 21-Janoris Jenkins-CB-Northern Alabama

At this point, I think Jenkins is easily the better prospect than Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick has better size, but Jenkins simply has better cover skills. As I've stated before, while he was at Florida he seemed to play with the ability of getting in opposing receivers heads, and he went up against some good ones such as Julio Jones and AJ Green. Constantly I would see him bat down a ball, get up and do the gator chomp in a guys face... I fuging love stuff like that. If it weren't for his off-the-field concerns he's a top-10 pick.

27dio.jpg

Round 2-Bruce Irvin-OLB-West Virginia

We need to spend one of earlier picks on an outside linebacker/defensive end type guy. I think Irvin is definitely an outside linebacker at the next level, he only weighs 235 pounds. We need a fierce guy to come off the edge in certain blitz packages and a legit backup if Thomas Davis goes down again. Irving was a bit disappointing as a senior, only registering 38 tackles, 14 TFL and 7.5 sacks. His stock has dropped a bit and taking him in the top-half of the second round would probably be considered a reach, but I love his upside and potential.

*No picks in round 3 or 4*

RBB-UT-BAMA-8_1_142016c.jpg

Round 5-Blake Gideon-FS-Texas

We at least need a guy that will come in and give Sherrod Martin some competition for the free safety spot. I see potential in Martin at times and he has great hands, but I think he could be better off at corner back. Gideon isn't exactly a ball hawk but he's a smart player and a sure tackler. As a senior Gideon made 64 tackles, deflected 4 passes and had an interception and sack for the Longhorns. He was one of the few Longhorn defensive backs that didn't get eaten alive by RG3 and the Baylor offense. Gideon's best year was when he was a sophomore and made 49 tackles and six interceptions.

mcCants_display_image_display_image.jpg?1327469954

Round 6-Matt McCants-OT-UAB

I think we'll address the offensive line with one of our first picks, if I was in the Panthers draft room I wouldn't, however. We need to add one late but there are too many other needs than offensive tackle early. Let's get to McCants, great size at 6'6", 309 lbs. He's a raw prospect but has some decent athleticism, however, Marshall's Vinny ate him alive this year. If Otah doesn't return I think Byron Bell deserves another year, but again we seem to be set on taking a tackle at some point in this draft.

Martens-1crop1.jpg

Round 7-Kyle Martens-P-Rice

We have to use our final pick on a punter, Jason Baker was terrible this year. I really don't care who it is either, just someone with a huge leg and decent accuracy. Martens averaged 43.6 yards per boot this year and downed 22 inside the 20 when he was a junior. Obviously a Day 1 starter here.

I doubt Cincy accepts but this draft is well done and i can dig it. Maybe sub Gideon out for a punt returner like Graham and address FS in FA.

Version 1- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/72895-cardiaccats-panthers-7-round-mock-edition-1-a.html

Version 2- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75255-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-2-0-a.html

Version 3- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75913-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-3-0-a.html

Version 4- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/76280-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-4-0-a.html

CAROLINA PANTHERS TRADE 8/9TH OVERALL PICK IN THE 2012 NFL DRAFT AS WELL AS THEIR FOURTH ROUND PICK IN THE 2012 DRAFT TO THE CINCINNATI BENGALS FOR THE #17 OVERALL PICK AND #21 OVERALL PICK.

Trade could be somewhat realistic, don't think one will happen but let's just say it does, if Cincinnati can get Trent Richardson they will have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Illinois+v+Penn+State+lfLqP_QXIYTl.jpg

Pick 17-Devon Still-DT-Penn State

I like Brockers better but I doubt he's available at #17, but Still certainly isn't a bad consolation prize. Still was injury prone at Penn State which is an instant red flag, but his leadership skills really shined his senior campaign. With all the adversity in Happy Valley this year, he seemed to be the glue that held the Nittany Lions together and he really elevated his play. He's an instant upgrade over any of our defensive tackles we have right now so he would come in and start from Day 1. As a senior, Still registered 49 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

bilde-500x329.jpg

Pick 21-Janoris Jenkins-CB-Northern Alabama

At this point, I think Jenkins is easily the better prospect than Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick has better size, but Jenkins simply has better cover skills. As I've stated before, while he was at Florida he seemed to play with the ability of getting in opposing receivers heads, and he went up against some good ones such as Julio Jones and AJ Green. Constantly I would see him bat down a ball, get up and do the gator chomp in a guys face... I fuging love stuff like that. If it weren't for his off-the-field concerns he's a top-10 pick.

27dio.jpg

Round 2-Bruce Irvin-OLB-West Virginia

We need to spend one of earlier picks on an outside linebacker/defensive end type guy. I think Irvin is definitely an outside linebacker at the next level, he only weighs 235 pounds. We need a fierce guy to come off the edge in certain blitz packages and a legit backup if Thomas Davis goes down again. Irving was a bit disappointing as a senior, only registering 38 tackles, 14 TFL and 7.5 sacks. His stock has dropped a bit and taking him in the top-half of the second round would probably be considered a reach, but I love his upside and potential.

*No picks in round 3 or 4*

RBB-UT-BAMA-8_1_142016c.jpg

Round 5-Blake Gideon-FS-Texas

We at least need a guy that will come in and give Sherrod Martin some competition for the free safety spot. I see potential in Martin at times and he has great hands, but I think he could be better off at corner back. Gideon isn't exactly a ball hawk but he's a smart player and a sure tackler. As a senior Gideon made 64 tackles, deflected 4 passes and had an interception and sack for the Longhorns. He was one of the few Longhorn defensive backs that didn't get eaten alive by RG3 and the Baylor offense. Gideon's best year was when he was a sophomore and made 49 tackles and six interceptions.

mcCants_display_image_display_image.jpg?1327469954

Round 6-Matt McCants-OT-UAB

I think we'll address the offensive line with one of our first picks, if I was in the Panthers draft room I wouldn't, however. We need to add one late but there are too many other needs than offensive tackle early. Let's get to McCants, great size at 6'6", 309 lbs. He's a raw prospect but has some decent athleticism, however, Marshall's Vinny ate him alive this year. If Otah doesn't return I think Byron Bell deserves another year, but again we seem to be set on taking a tackle at some point in this draft.

Martens-1crop1.jpg

Round 7-Kyle Martens-P-Rice

We have to use our final pick on a punter, Jason Baker was terrible this year. I really don't care who it is either, just someone with a huge leg and decent accuracy. Martens averaged 43.6 yards per boot this year and downed 22 inside the 20 when he was a junior. Obviously a Day 1 starter here.

i guess i could settle for still, but i'd rather have poe (beast NT) or even melvin ingram (in that scenario i'd pick up garay in FA to combine with ron edwards).

i love the 2nd and 3rd pick. i'm a huge fan of bruce irvin. i just wish he brought more to the table in coverage and run defense. that dude is hard to handle as a pass rusher, though. too fast and too tough.

i really hope that we can get those 2 first rounders from the bengals, though. that would just be flat out awesome.

last half of the draft i would just focus on ST players. i don't think we need to use a draft pick on a punter. there are 3 that would probably be available as UDFAs who would give baker a run for the money and i doubt more than one get drafted.

it's just as good as any other mock because no one knows what teams are going to do or what trades are going to be made.

i like looking at several different scenarios.

btw, i wouldn't say this trade has a 0% chance of happening anymore than the falcons giving up 2 first rounders a 2nd and two 4ths to move up 21 spots for julio.

imo, if you gave me the two scenarios ahead of time i would say that the falcons one is less likely. them pulling it off and mike brown being a dummy more often than not and the bengals really just being an elite RB away from being perennial playoff contenders makes me think that they would be willing to do this.

Guest Bwood15

Just kinda throwing it out there but I was reading somewhere that Chicago has made it clear, very much like Atlanta did prior to the draft that they are interested in moving into the top 10 for a game changing WR.

I think the fact that we have traded with the bears before and we seem to be very comfortable doing it quite often, that we could be one of the candidates to swap spots with them and gain a few more picks in the 2nd and 3rd as well.

Keep an eye out for this trade come draft day I'm tellin you. Anyone that thinks that Carolina isn't active in the trade game come draft day is clueless, thats how Hurney has been able to be so successful in the first round.

Just kinda throwing it out there but I was reading somewhere that Chicago has made it clear, very much like Atlanta did prior to the draft that they are interested in moving into the top 10 for a game changing WR.

I think the fact that we have traded with the bears before and we seem to be very comfortable doing it quite often, that we could be one of the candidates to swap spots with them and gain a few more picks in the 2nd and 3rd as well.

Keep an eye out for this trade come draft day I'm tellin you. Anyone that thinks that Carolina isn't active in the trade game come draft day is clueless, thats how Hurney has been able to be so successful in the first round.

I think you have that backwards as Hurney is notorious for trading picks away in the first round (Otah, Everette Brown) I hope he never trades a pick again

Guest Bwood15

I think you have that backwards as Hurney is notorious for trading picks away in the first round (Otah, Everette Brown) I hope he never trades a pick again

When we drafted Stewart, and then traded back into the 1st for Otah, it was just what our offense needed and we had a very successful season and both rookies played very well. Unfortunately Jeff Otah's knee + his weight = injury prone. The kid still has heart so only time will tell.

Then you have our trade with NYJ in which we were able to land Beason AND Kalil. How did that turn out?

Trading up has bit us in the ass though, which I'm not for at all.

Jerry Angelo is no more however

Jerry Angelo is no more however
i'm not sure what to think of emery. i know he's a lot better than angelo was at spotting talent, but he's a newb at the business side of things. not sure how aggressive he's going to be while learning the biz.

According to Draft Trade chart ( which not everyone uses)

Eight pick plus number eight in round 4 is worth 1,486 pts

Picks 17 and 21 are worth a combined 1,750

So doubt, Bengals would go for such a deal unless we added something else to pot or flipped picks in 2nd, maybe give up 6th.

Archived