• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plastic headache: My adventure with the 1000 lb gorilla that is GTA 4 (PC)

frash.exe

I literally spent the entire day trying to get this fuging game to work on my computer. I'm not tech savvy, by any means. I just thought playing the fuging thing was as easy as popping it in the disk drive and presto, just like it works with the 360/ps3. ....boy was I wrong.

Bad enough it takes an hour and a half for the fuging game itself to download, you also need to download windows live, rockstar social whatever, and some other crap i don't want to remember. Oh, also, don't bother downloading it unless you're sure you've downloaded windows service pack 1 for vista, and that takes another hour itself to fuging download.

When it finally did finish downloading i tried to open it but it kept giving me this lousy error code.

looked it up. apparently i'm not the only one with this issue. it's a widespread disaster, and people are claiming it to be one of the worst ports. The problem? Only ridiculously high "system requirements" demanding only the finest up-to-date software. Okay, I bought my laptop only a fuging year ago (a year ago today actually). Knowing the release date of this POS it only came out about 8 months after I bought my PC. Apparently it was the video card which was the main problem. I didn't even know what the fug a video card was before today.

I couldn't even get the fuging thing to play. So I tried it on my sister's laptop. It's an HP, it's a higher end laptop. ...waited another 2 1/2 hours for it to download. Then it finally finished and i started it up, and it started playing, but only very, very, very, very, very, very slow. ...the video that is. The audio was fine. Even a Dvidia (?) 8000+ "video card" could not hold it down. The frame rate sucked big time and buildings were missing and poo. What the fug was rockstar expecting? For everybody to have the most advanced fuging software? I can't afford that poo.

Still got the receipt. This fuger's going back to best buy as soon as i get a chance to get it there.

If you're contemplating it, you're much better off getting it for 360 or PS3. Don't ever waste your time like I did with this stubborn stack of poo port.

I think your problem is that you're trying to play a PC game on your laptop. Laptops are in no way designed for gaming, even the so called "gaming" laptops. All the components are close together which causes cooling to become an issue, if cooling is an issue, you can't get all the high performance cards to fit in your laptop. Unless you go all out and get a desktop replacement laptop...which are huge for laptops.. then you shouldn't be gaming on one to begin with.

So, In Essence, Get a Desktop.

Archived