• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weird. He doesn't look like an arsonist.

Jangler

63537475353512.gif

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/apr/05/fire-department-arrest-made-early-morning-fire/?partner=popular

An Evansville man has been arrested for allegedly setting fire to a garage at his ex-girlfriend's house on the West Side early this morning, according to the Evansville Fire Department.

Christopher Spears, 32, is facing a preliminary charge of arson. He is being held at the Vanderburgh County jail with no bond.

According to Storey, Moll told him that her daughter was crying and said that her ex-boyfriend Spears had called to say that, "You better check your garage. I think your (stuff) is burning up."

Storey said he also interviewed a group of several men who told him that they saw Spears hiding between two houses across the street and described his clothes. Evansville Police Department officers also said they had been looking for a person fitting the same description who had been running from them in the neighborhood, according to the fire report.

Police found Spears at his house wearing different clothes, but found clothes matching the earlier description in the house, according to the fire department.

I bet he didn't say (stuff) at all. I bet it was a bad word.

I think that signifies an omission of words. Moll probably misspoke and said "I think your is burning up."

I could be wrong about that -- but I know often reporters will just substitute the word "expletive" or just dash out the term (i.e. sh--).

Archived