• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games Thread

Jangler

You know one thing that I HAVE been impressed with in the coverage. During the races, the are focusing on the winner no matter what country they are from. A few nights ago when the Canadian won and the American came in third. the American was not even mentioned - although granted, the Canadian winning was big news (I suppose). Then last night in the men's downhill, the American came in third and the Swede won and they interviewed the Swede. In years past, those winners would have been ignored and all they would have talked about was the Americans.

You know one thing that I HAVE been impressed with in the coverage. During the races, the are focusing on the winner no matter what country they are from. A few nights ago when the Canadian won and the American came in third. the American was not even mentioned - although granted, the Canadian winning was big news (I suppose). Then last night in the men's downhill, the American came in third and the Swede won and they interviewed the Swede. In years past, those winners would have been ignored and all they would have talked about was the Americans.

If sure if the Swede didn't happen to speak English, that trend would have continued.

I was happy to see that Bode Miller is taking these games more seriously, and actually bringing home some hardware. But the finish in the short track was the best moment of the games so far, with the two Koreans taking each other out, lol.

If sure if the Swede didn't happen to speak English, that trend would have continued.

I was happy to see that Bode Miller is taking these games more seriously, and actually bringing home some hardware. But the finish in the short track was the best moment of the games so far, with the two Koreans taking each other out, lol.

Those Koreans were amazing at the short track.

Am I the only one that has an issue with the sports we sorta invented to increase our medal total in the Winter Olympics?

Maybe that is a stretch. I really don't care that much. Not so much an "issue"...it just seems fabricated and ghey.

All the snwboarding/trick ski jumping/x-games garbage seems to me to be something of a stretch. I get that they need to draw the teens and twentysomethings in to the games and whatnot, but c'mon.

And I could do without all the manufactured heartwarming stories.

Thanks, that's enough. The human interest stuff keeps the ladies watching the dopesmokers on the halfpipe while they wait for figure skating to be back on.

Bleh.

I just hope hockey is compelling.

Those Koreans were amazing at the short track.

Yeah, that patented Korean pass where they swung out wide and then slingshotted inside on the turn. Unstoppable. But they got a little greedy. They would have owned the podium if they weren't jockeying for position.

Yeah, that patented Korean pass where they swung out wide and then slingshotted inside on the turn. Unstoppable. But they got a little greedy. They would have owned the podium if they weren't jockeying for position.

Yea, but at the end of the day it's about individualism, he was probably certain in his mind that he could advance his position, possibly even take gold. Hew screwed up massively, but no one can ever accuse him of not going all out.

I'd probably knock a countryman out of the way to get silver over bronze.

Oh, and this...http://www.arisa-murata.com/ <3

Johnny Weir didn't medal.

Speaking of Johnny Weir. This "fur firestorm" is just so he has an excuse for when he finishes 5th again.

— Bobby Brandon (@BobbyAFC)

February 4, 2010

Just saying, I called that poo.

He's a media creation more than anything. Not saying he isn't good, but he loves to play up controversy to get his name in the press. He does this because he can't contend with the very elite skaters on the ice.

Archived