• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Medellin's Official Mock Draft

MedellinHeel

I've done a few already, but haven't really put a lot of thought into it. I am bored and got some time to kill so this will be the best I got. 

Round 1: OT Cyrus Kouandjo 6'7 322

He is gonna be too good to pass up here if the FO thinks his knees are fine. I actually think he will make a better RT than LT but can see him being a stud at either position. If the FO has concerns about his knee I could see them going Moses who I also think projects better as a RT. With my 2nd round pick we will completely shore up the OL for years to come similar to last year with the double dip of DT's. This selection assumes Cooks and OBJ are off the board. Would have to think hard about this pick esp with OBJ. 

Round 2: OT Billy Turner 6'5 315

One could argue this guy has the best feet in the draft. Very quick for his size. Looks to have the potential, size, and athleticism you want out of a LT. Many people question the competition he faced but watch the tape against KSU. He more than held is own. 

Round 3: CB Stanley Jean Baptiste 6'3 218

This guy has great measurables and I could see him excelling at CB or S. Seems pretty fluid as well. I like is physicality and think we could use a guy like this.

Round 4: WR Devin Street 6'3 200

This guy has good size, solid route runner, and decent speed. Seems to be able to high point the ball fairly well. Redzone threat for sure. Not the fastest or most explosive guy but does a nice job of getting separation. Gould value late. 

Round 5: DE Aaron Lynch 6'6 250

This guy is a freak athlete and showed alot of promise at ND before transferring to USF. Seemed to lose motivation last year and underwhelmed. With the right coaching this guy can be a force in the NFL. 

Round 6: LB Avery Williamson 6'1 246

Very good tackler amassing over 100 tackles last season. Shows good awareness and instincts and would be good LB depth and contribute on ST's. 

Round 7: RB Isaiah Crowell 5'11 225

I know our FO wouldnt draft him but this is a draft I think would be the best and I would have no issues taking a flyer on him late. Talent alone he might be the best RB in the draft. 

I know you guys will think I am crazy not getting a WR early but I just think we can get better value with the OL picks and can get some WR's and skill players early next year. 

Said elsewhere I like Morgan Moses better than Kouandijo, but I wouldn't scream if we picked Kouandijo.

Jean-Baptiste is intriguing.  The success of Richard Sherman certainly helps him, as does the fact that we have a fair share of big receivers among our divisional opponents.

I'm warming up to Billy Turner.  Wasn't that high on him early but the more I see, the more I think :maybe".  I know we worked him out.

Crowell is a name I've thought about.  His mistakes were a few years ago, but they were felonies.  It would depend on whether they think he's different now.

I would be highly disappointed if our best and only WR we took in this draft were Devin Street.  I love Turner in the second, I could accept Kouandjio in the 1st if they have faith in his knees.  But SBJ in the third after spending the first two on OTs?  Aw hell naw.  There will probably be a good WR in the 3rd then we can start looking at the defense.  I do like Aaron Lynch.

I dont think I would be disappointed if we came away with this.  I think you are going to get blown up for not getting a receiver earlier in 1-3 but I could see it shaking out this way.  . 

Half the Huddle wants a receiver in the 1st to 3rd round.  But in my opinion, I would like this draft.  

I would be highly disappointed if our best and only WR we took in this draft were Devin Street.  I love Turner in the second, I could accept Kouandjio in the 1st if they have faith in his knees.  But SBJ in the third after spending the first two on OTs?  Aw hell naw.  There will probably be a good WR in the 3rd then we can start looking at the defense.  I do like Aaron Lynch.

There isnt a WR you can get in the 3rd that is not a #2 - 3 WR. So Street who could be a #2-3 WR holds just as much value as any WR we could get in the 3rd. Hell, after Cooks and OBJ there are question marks with the late 1st - 2nd round receivers are anything more than #2's. We already have #2 and 3 WR's on our roster. If anything I want a big redzone threat which I think Street could be. We are better off just waiting till next year than reaching on WR's this year. I have no questions about Cyrus and Turner starting and being stud OL. 

Although I like the players picked this is like a John Fox "Let's ignore WR because Imah good coach" draft.

We drafted a decent amount of WRs under Fox considering.....    Never a first but twice a second round and doubling and tripling up on them at times. It wasn't ignored but the ones they picked just kinda sucked.

Archived