• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Medellin's Official Mock Draft

MedellinHeel

We drafted a decent amount of WRs under Fox considering.....    Never a first but twice a second round and doubling and tripling up on them at times. It wasn't ignored but the ones they picked just kinda sucked.

Pretty much.

Keary Colbert and Drew Carter both had potential but they just never got there.  Ryne Robinson got hurt and just never recovered from it.

Dwayne Jarrett... :wacko:

Interesting that u chose to post the va tech game to tout cyrus....I watched many of his games and that was definitely one his worst performances if not the worst that I've seen.

The LSU and Auburn games are 2 of his most dominating.

Wasnt his best mind you but you can still see his quickness, power, and agility. 

Cyrus was a given early to mid 1st rounder all last year and most of this year. Thus if the knee stays healthy we is a steal late in the 1st. 

I see him as a DOMINATING RT. 

Turner has incredible quickness and I can see him becoming a dominant LT with good coaching. 

I would really blow a load if we came away from this draft with Cyrus/Moses and Turner. Similar to last year with our DT's. 

Pretty much.

Keary Colbert and Drew Carter both had potential but they just never got there.  Ryne Robinson got hurt and just never recovered from it.

Dwayne Jarrett... :wacko:

And 5 of his 9 years he had Smith and Muhammad. 

Plus Fox was the coach not the GM. If Hurney was a strong GM and wanted WRs he could have put even more effort into it. We did sign Keshawn as well.

Wasnt his best mind you but you can still see his quickness, power, and agility. 

Cyrus was a given early to mid 1st rounder all last year and most of this year. Thus if the knee stays healthy we is a steal late in the 1st. 

Turner has incredible quickness and I can see him becoming a dominant LT with good coaching. 

I would really blow a load if we came away from this draft with Cyrus/Moses and Turner. Similar to last year with our DT's. 

Someone in another thread posted a rumor that we were one of the teams that failed him on his physical at the Combine.

No idea if there's any truth to it.

I've done a few already, but haven't really put a lot of thought into it. I am bored and got some time to kill so this will be the best I got.

Round 1: OT Cyrus Kouandjo 6'7 322

He is gonna be too good to pass up here if the FO thinks his knees are fine. I actually think he will make a better RT than LT but can see him being a stud at either position. If the FO has concerns about his knee I could see them going Moses who I also think projects better as a RT. With my 2nd round pick we will completely shore up the OL for years to come similar to last year with the double dip of DT's. This selection assumes Cooks and OBJ are off the board. Would have to think hard about this pick esp with OBJ.

Round 2: OT Billy Turner 6'5 315

One could argue this guy has the best feet in the draft. Very quick for his size. Looks to have the potential, size, and athleticism you want out of a LT. Many people question the competition he faced but watch the tape against KSU. He more than held is own.

Round 3: CB Stanley Jean Baptiste 6'3 218

This guy has great measurables and I could see him excelling at CB or S. Seems pretty fluid as well. I like is physicality and think we could use a guy like this.

Round 4: WR Devin Street 6'3 200

This guy has good size, solid route runner, and decent speed. Seems to be able to high point the ball fairly well. Redzone threat for sure. Not the fastest or most explosive guy but does a nice job of getting separation. Gould value late.

Round 5: DE Aaron Lynch 6'6 250

This guy is a freak athlete and showed alot of promise at ND before transferring to USF. Seemed to lose motivation last year and underwhelmed. With the right coaching this guy can be a force in the NFL.

Round 6: LB Avery Williamson 6'1 246

Very good tackler amassing over 100 tackles last season. Shows good awareness and instincts and would be good LB depth and contribute on ST's.

Round 7: RB Isaiah Crowell 5'11 225

I know our FO wouldnt draft him but this is a draft I think would be the best and I would have no issues taking a flyer on him late. Talent alone he might be the best RB in the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2G68V6d4uQ

I know you guys will think I am crazy not getting a WR early but I just think we can get better value with the OL picks and can get some WR's and skill players early next year.

Would fap to this draft as well

Yea that game gives me 2nd thoughts about him honestly. He really struggled containing that sophmore #90 Nicolas but granted Moses did too. Also I don't see why he couldn't be a LT either..maybe start him out at right if necessary but I think he could have a career at LT. Plus I think this knee thing is way overblown with him IMO.

Yea that game gives me 2nd thoughts about him honestly. He really struggled containing that sophmore #90 Nicolas but granted Moses did too. Also I don't see why he couldn't be a LT either..maybe start him out at right if necessary but I think he could have a career at LT. Plus I think this knee thing is way overblown with him IMO.

Would be foolish to base judgement off one or two games. Gotta go off someones career along with physical tools and upside. I thought Cyrus did a better job against VT than Moses. Moses seemed to be pushed or sucked back into the QB/Pocket almost every play. I actually made a post or thread on it and posted both videos. 

I think he can play LT also, I just think he would make a better RT. 

Would be foolish to base judgement off one or two games. Gotta go off someones career along with physical tools and upside. I thought Cyrus did a better job against VT than Moses. Moses seemed to be pushed or sucked back into the QB/Pocket almost every play. I actually made a post or thread on it and posted both videos.

I think he can play LT also, I just think he would make a better RT.

I agree I like Cyrus a lot and think he has tons of upside..I'd be just fine with him being the pick if he makes it to us.

There isnt a WR you can get in the 3rd that is not a #2 - 3 WR. So Street who could be a #2-3 WR holds just as much value as any WR we could get in the 3rd. Hell, after Cooks and OBJ there are question marks with the late 1st - 2nd round receivers are anything more than #2's. We already have #2 and 3 WR's on our roster. If anything I want a big redzone threat which I think Street could be. We are better off just waiting till next year than reaching on WR's this year. I have no questions about Cyrus and Turner starting and being stud OL. 

Guys who are currently projected around the 3rd that I think could be a "#1" and would very much prefer over Street:

Davante Adams

Donte Moncrief

Donald Coleman

Jarvis Landry

Also, all "#2-3" WRs aren't created equal.  Getting Street in the 4th isn't as much value as the guys I just mentioned in the 3rd, in my opinion.  And none of them would be reaches.

Archived