• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Digest

Rod Butsecks

Yeah, its kindof an average number for a first day of camp.

if it was in charlotte, it would triple easily.

Smart thing as far as money goes would be to move it. 3 times as much vending and merchandise.

They don't do it for the money.

900 is a great number for the first practice. Last night, we had a count of nearly 2700.

It doesn't matter where you have training camp. Fans will attend. Pittsburgh does camp at St Vincent college in Latrobe. Spartansburg is like New York city compared to Latrobe. But doesn't stop fans from attending. Some ladies panties get in a bunch because its in SC instead of NC. It could be in BootayHoole, NC and the same travel distance as Spartanburg and there wouldn't be half as many complaints.

Been to Labtrobe for Steelers camp, and you're right. I'll take Spartanburg over Latrobe any day. Not trying to set up any competition, but I looked at the photos from the Steelers' first practice, and that's not 10,000 people. Thousands, yes, and more than we had, but not 10,000. (BTW, their first day was a Saturday; ours was Monday - we had no idea what the crowd would be like.)

(It actually looks like the Steelers had more people there yesterday than they did on Saturday. Nice crowd.)

I personally like it in Spartanburg. Charlotte gets them the rest of the year and people drive from all over South Carolina and North Carolina to attend games. It seems only fair that Charlotte folks can reciprocate and come to Spartanburg for camp. As for 3 times as many people attending if it was in Charlotte, perhaps so. But this way it gives folks who don't live near Charlotte, or can't afford tickets, access to them somewhere else. Plus it is the Carolina Panthers not the Charlotte Panthers.

Archived