• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kony Ealy at #28?

ctrcat

That mock has us passing on OBJ, Benjamin, Matthews, Zach Martin (who I don't really want at #28 but would DAMN sure take over any DLineman). Insanity. Two of our seven picks spent on DL. Mind boggling.

Thank you now I see that thing has no credibility.

• 3 weeks later...

I am starting to think we are going to take him if he is there at #28. We haven't signed Hardy to a long term contract yet and Gettlemans past suggests he likes taking Dline early. Ealy could definitely be considered BPA when we pick.

BPA. I won't be mad at him. You have to look at the bigger picture.  Cap considerations are never far from the forefront.

Disagree, why not just wait until 2015 draft and address that position. He wouldn't be BPA since there are players on offensive side that have  more value than a DE and would fill a need.

Disagree, why not just wait until 2015 draft and address that position. He wouldn't be BPA since there are players on offensive side that have  more value than a DE and would fill a need.

You and I can believe what we want about the perceived value of all the known suspects that are supposedly on our draft radar, but if G-man believes that Ealy is a "blue goose pass rusher" that offers great value at the position---and more value than we would get by reaching for a WR or OT that he perceives has less value---we all know what he is going to do.

Archived