• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Absolutely Hate This F*CKING State

chknwing

If you want I can ask the lovely state of Colorado to change it's policy and let you move here. We're kind of full right now but they may make an exception.

You could be like me, well not like me because I have an engineering degree, working in the oilfield. You'll learn a whole new meaning of cold, bake in the summer sun, but love the low humidity. But it's not for everyone. A lot of locals hate it because they can't get in on the cash. No felons, and you have to pass a ten panel drug test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Don't forget being landlocked. But, the only landlocked state worth being landlocked for.

If you want I can ask the lovely state of Colorado to change it's policy and let you move here. We're kind of full right now but they may make an exception.

You could be like me, well not like me because I have an engineering degree, working in the oilfield. You'll learn a whole new meaning of cold, bake in the summer sun, but love the low humidity. But it's not for everyone. A lot of locals hate it because they can't get in on the cash. No felons, and you have to pass a ten panel drug test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Apparently NC has started a new policy where you pay for your car tax and registration together.  What they dont tell you is that its for the current year.  Even the fuging IRS makes you pay tax for the past year.  So say you normally get you car tax bill in november but your registration is due in april, you have to pay that november car tax before you can renew.  You have to pay a tax bill you dont even have yet before you can renew your tag. How fuging dumb is that.  How do they expect people to come up with money for tax, tag, and inspection all at once?

No they do NOT.....ever heard of tax witholding?  You are paying your income taxes during the current year as you earn the income. 

I think it means corn fields.

Kansas grows way, way more wheat than corn. Thus the KU 'Wave the Wheat' celebration and the Wichita State (wheat)Shockers.

And the DMV is actually pretty decent here as well.

I moved to NC from WA in 2011. Brought three vehicles with me.

In WA, registration was $48/year. You pay sales tax when you buy it, not every year afterwards. Also inspections weren't required in my county.

So, I get to NC and apply for NC tags for two of my vehicles. Over $500 for transferring titles later, I had NC plates. Four months later, I got my tax bills: $900ish and $350ish. Then a little later, inspections x 2.

The third vehicle had WA plates until I sold it a year later.

Don't forget being landlocked. But, the only landlocked state worth being landlocked for.

We had people protesting outside the capital last summer demanding an ocean for Colorado. Their claim was that dolphins deserve to live here too.

Also our governor's mansion has way more beer taps than any other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived