• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The double dip

MedellinHeel

Cyrus is not a top 15 pick. Those combine number were below average at best. I think he was out of shape because he was resting his knee. If that isn't the case then my opinion sours on him even more because he isn't serious about getting himself in tip top shape for the draft.

how did he play against top competition? That would be a sign more than combine numbers. Is he a product og the system and overwhelming superiority of the team he was on or was he a reason they were superior?

From what I have read the knee problem not the issue with him. He showed up at the combine out of shape is why he is being dinged now. I am sure the team would will check that out though. I read where he was taken off several teams draft board. My feeling we willt take an OT and WR with our 1st an 2nd.

This is my concern too.  He wasn't bad he was terrible at the combine.  If the knee was bad then maybe that explains why he was so bad but another reason why we shouldn't take him.   If his knee was good than we don't need a LT that is going to have weight issues every time there is a break.

I am against taking him and whoever does will IMO have a 1st round bust.

BPA is beyond subjective. If you want to get technical DE (Richardson) would have been BPA in the first and I am sure another player had a better year than Short drafted after. 

The important thing to take away is Star and Richardson where grouped in that same top tier. DT was a bigger need hence why we drafted him. 

It all comes down to tiers and needs within those tiers. 

I said it before I don't think the Panthers thought Star would be there and Short was their DT. When he was available in the second they went with him.he was BPA on their board. They were going to get Short either way.

I honestly think it's a combination of three issues the panthers have, one being cams release of the ball, I read somewhere he holds onto the ball nearly two seconds longer than peyton manning does, maybe it takes cam longer to go through his reads?, The second is the offensive line which was very up and down in performance last year, we are most definitely weak on the right side and now LT is an issue, the line definitely helps the qb by giving him time, our line wasn't great at this last year as cam was scrambling most of the time, the line also didn't do much for the run game down the stretch it dor of stagnated, although we did rush for 100yrds in 15/16 games, the last thing is the receivers, our receivers last year were not good at getting open quickly, lafell is one of the worst in the league at getting seperation, see that play in Atlanta on the Greg Olsen laser td, bra sue it's a good example of how our receivers were most of the season. cam got plenty of time but only Olsen looked interested in getting open for him even though the line gave cam a lot of time, these three issues put together are all part of the problem, so a better line giving cam more time along with better receivers who can gain seperation quicker will almost definitely help cam, but he also needs to make his reads quicker a dump the ball off rather than take unnecessary sack or loss of yards.

The coaches and DG are high on travis bond who was bought in as a guard but has been told he's going to be a tackle! I think he will get a shot this year rather than us drafting two OTs, we may pick one up in the later rounds but looking at it id be suprised if we picked two in the first four rounds.

It remains to be seen if Travis Bonds can be a quality NFL OT but he certainly has the size.

Travis Bond

• #74 OT
  • 6' 6", 330 lbs
  • Born Dec 10, 1990 in Powellsville, NC (Age: 23)
  • Drafted 2013: 7th Rnd, 214th by MIN
  • Experience 2 years
  • CollegeNorth Carolina

he was right and your question is totally bogus. 

No he's not. I've fuging played receiver for over eight years. I've watched football extensively for over thirty. That's a fuging myth that likes to be repeated by the run first, defense wins championships, trite bullshit crowd but it's clearly not true. The Seahawks had a poo passblocking line last season, and did well. We had a pretty damn good line last season and the production wasn't there because we didn't have a good receiving corps, and a offensive coordinator in name only.

No he's not. I've fuging played receiver for over eight years. I've watched football extensively for over thirty. That's a fuging myth that likes to be repeated by the run first, defense wins championships, trite bullshit crowd but it's clearly not true. The Seahawks had a poo passblocking line last season, and did well. We had a pretty damn good line last season and the production wasn't there because we didn't have a good receiving corps, and a offensive coordinator in name only.

Strong logic with this one. 

Believes it is not easier to get separation in 6 seconds as compared to 3. 

Lmao

Anyone who thinks that our line last year was anywhere fuging close to "pretty damn good" is either a complete football imbecile or blind.

Also, your highschool football experience doesn't mean poo to anyone but yourself. 90% of this board played football at some level, with many playing at a collegiate level. You throwing around your fuging middle school receiving resume like it matters in the slightest, is laughable at best and completely fuging pathetic at worst.

Anyone who thinks that our line last year was anywhere fuging close to "pretty damn good" is either a complete football imbecile or blind.

Also, your highschool football experience doesn't mean poo to anyone but yourself. 90% of this board played football at some level, with many playing at a collegiate level. You throwing around your fuging middle school receiving resume like it matters in the slightest, is laughable at best and completely fuging pathetic at worst.

Again, another moron coming out to try and throw opinions around as facts. Loot at the statistics of our line compared to the NFL last year. The only weak link was right tackle, and later right guard. It wasn't as bad as many on here believe.

Also, my experience in actually playing a position in football and commenting on the stupidity that's floated on this board as fact is definitely valid. If you're too fuging stupid to understand why then maybe you shouldn't comment on football you dimwitted fug.

Strong logic with this one. 

Believes it is not easier to get separation in 6 seconds as compared to 3. 

Lmao

You have no idea what you're talking about again. You're litterally just stating the same bullshit over and over. You don't create separation by having an entire route tree blanketed by defensive backfield.

You have no idea what you're talking about again. You're litterally just stating the same bullshit over and over. You don't create separation by having an entire route tree blanketed by defensive backfield.

Yea I have no idea.

Its not easier to get separation in 6 seconds compared to 3. 

Is this real life? lol 

Strong logic sir. 

Archived