• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The double dip

MedellinHeel

I do not follow the prospects the way some of you do so do not know much about every specific player, but I would be in favor of an OL double dip if they were the right guys.  With the OL/WR/DB situations as they are I understand it will be impossible to fill all the needs in the first few rounds, so I would be fine with us going all-in to fix the one that I regard as the most important.

I don't see how Cyrus' knee can be considered 'fine'. It's an arthritic knee, even if he's OK for the first few years, doctors have said that it'll be a problem down the road. You can't just look at the immediate situation and hope he passes some physicals. No -- this is a long term, degenerating problem. Do not want.

Better protection for Cam would drive him away?

Solid logic.

Better protection which arguably isn't as bad as the weapons he needs to be successful. We lost gross thats about it. Amini and kug return which leaves only a need at lt. Every wr left that is worth mentioning and even before then were subpar. This team has handled a franchise qb worse than any I've ever seen. Look at how teams build around franchise qbs when they draft them.

What Indianapolis did for luck. He didnt have to wait 6 years into his career to draft one weapon for him to pass to. I think cam can be a hall of fame qb but how this front office goes about helping him reach that goal is embarrassing.

Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage, I'll never complain about strengthening the most vital group on the field.

This. 

Our line was not that good last year. We lost our LT, which is one of the most important positions in football. On top of that our RT is complete trash. 

Trenches > Wideouts & Secondary

This.

Our line was not that good last year. We lost our LT, which is one of the most important positions in football. On top of that our RT is complete trash.

Trenches > Wideouts & Secondary

Most important doesn't mean go full retard and think because you have a good offensive line you win. Its more to it than just that. If that was the case there would be no need to pay wrs and te's big bucks. I'm starting to se an evolution in the league where it is becoming a passing league. With that said ol isn't as important to a qb like cam who can extend plays and make your line look better than it is. Get the man some weapons.

Most important doesn't mean go full retard and think because you have a good offensive line you win. Its more to it than just that. If that was the case there would be no need to pay wrs and te's big bucks. I'm starting to se an evolution in the league where it is becoming a passing league. With that said ol isn't as important to a qb like cam who can extend plays and make your line look better than it is. Get the man some weapons.

You're about 5 years late on that observation, but welcome to the party. But about that; the league is a passing oriented league, but we are going back to a ball control offense that relies on the ground game.

OL is what makes a rushing attack. OL is what allows your receivers to get open, OL is what keeps people away from Cam's surgically repaired ankle.

Seattle and Atlanta are two good example. Seattle had pedestrian receivers, but because Russell has one of the best OL's in the NFL he could wait for the routes to develop and allow the receivers to come open.

Atlanta has as much talent at the skill positions as anyone, but their neglect of the OL saw their O come to a screeching halt. Jackson couldn't run and Ryan didn't have the time in the pocket to throw the ball, even on shorter routes.

Archived