• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The double dip

MedellinHeel

Starting to think a double dip is more possible. 

Lets say Cyrus knee gets completely cleared and for what ever reasons (combine, bowl, knee skepticism) he is available at 28. 

Cyrus was a lock top 15 pick at the start of the season. Always been considered a blue chip talent. 

So assuming our doctors clear his knee I can't see DG passing him up. Reminds me of Star last year. 

So, in this scenario we draft Cyrus in the 1st. 

Then in the second, we have Turner available who some think can be a good LT. I think the FO has interviewed him and shown interest. 

To sum up, I could possibly see us double dipping on the OL. 

Which would be a beast of a OL haul in my opinion. Assuming everyone works out and stays healthy. 

Starting to think a double dip is more possible. 

Lets say Cyrus knee gets completely cleared and for what ever reasons (combine, bowl, knee skepticism) he is available at 28. 

Cyrus was a lock top 15 pick at the start of the season. Always been considered a blue chip talent. 

So assuming our doctors clear his knee I can't see DG passing him up. Reminds me of Star last year. 

So, in this scenario we draft Cyrus in the 1st. 

Then in the second, we have Turner available who some think can be a good LT. I think the FO has interviewed him and shown interest. 

To sum up, I could possibly see us double dipping on the OL. 

Which would be a beast of a OL haul in my opinion. Assuming everyone works out and stays healthy. 

From what I have read the knee problem not the issue with him. He showed up at the combine out of shape is why he is being dinged now. I am sure the team would will check that out though. I read where he was taken off several teams draft board. My feeling we willt take an OT and WR with our 1st an 2nd.

We could but I would rather go OT and OG.

they see kug as a 2014 pick and really seem to like amini and chris scott.  however, they could decide to move amini to LT and let him battle it out with bell.  then you would need another guard.  i guess it's always possible that wharton comes back after camp.  we'll just have to see how it plays out.

The coaches and DG are high on travis bond who was bought in as a guard but has been told he's going to be a tackle! I think he will get a shot this year rather than us drafting two OTs, we may pick one up in the later rounds but looking at it id be suprised if we picked two in the first four rounds.

IMO, taking Koundjio in the 1st and Turner in the 2nd is "reaching" on not only two consecutive picks, but your two HIGHEST picks.

Do not want.

How is that reaching? 

Cyrus if healthy is considered a top 15 pick. That would be a steal at 28. 

Turner is widely regarded as a 2-3 round pick. 

Cyrus is not a top 15 pick. Those combine number were below average at best. I think he was out of shape because he was resting his knee. If that isn't the case then my opinion sours on him even more because he isn't serious about getting himself in tip top shape for the draft.

Archived