• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox not ruling Vick out!!

coralreefer_1

Wow... who called you a troll? Jangler is correct, if pretty much anyone of us that have posted in this thread so far thought you a troll, you'd have many red dots under your name.

No one is picking on you, we're all Panther's fans, but most people on here tell it like it is and we've had these threads about Vick all summer and we've had thread's about Fox and his media relations and comments since I've been on here. We get it that you think that Fox should have come out and said "No" but he didn't and he's not gonna.

I hear that but then again I was not greeted even cooly. I was called a troll from the very beginning for posting about news that was being reported about the team concerning a very hot issue around the league.I did not come out swinging...others did.

I understand Vick is a sensitive issue here (I'm not sure why since basically everyone agrees he is not coming here) but as I have stated previously, my reasoning for the thread was not about Vick, but about Fox, and his apparent inability to make a firm statement about THIS issue. Forget his wife's birthday or what color the sky is..as far as I am concerned this issue is bigger than all of those and I would have preferred he made a strong statement in opposition of the idea of that thug coming here and saving us from being "one of those teams in the league who may or may not be considering him"

Some might have gotten buttsore about yet another Vick thread, but most of us are just saying that is how Fox operates with the media and to get used to it. If enough people freak about it, Hurney will release a statement, but Fox will likely never change his tight-lipped, say-nothing ways. It is what it is.

I hear that but then again I was not greeted even cooly. I was called a troll from the very beginning for posting about news that was being reported about the team concerning a very hot issue around the league.I did not come out swinging...others did.

I understand Vick is a sensitive issue here (I'm not sure why since basically everyone agrees he is not coming here) but as I have stated previously, my reasoning for the thread was not about Vick, but about Fox, and his apparent inability to make a firm statement about THIS issue. Forget his wife's birthday or what color the sky is..as far as I am concerned this issue is bigger than all of those and I would have preferred he made a strong statement in opposition of the idea of that thug coming here and saving us from being "one of those teams in the league who may or may not be considering him"

We all would like Fox to make those kind of statements. However, if you are going to be a Panthers fan, you have to accept that that will NEVER happen.

Agree with the statement above. Anyone who made this thread would have been flamed.....it is not an attack on you. You must have thick skin to post on here. You will get flamed from time to time.

And, you are not a troll....just a nerd. :D

Fox and Hurney are just doing their usual "non-comment" on players.

Hurney said on WFNZ that the team maintains their policy of not commenting on available players, but also said "we're extremely happy with our quarterback position, and you can infer my answer from that."

As I said in the other thread, coming from Hurney, that's a firm "no".

The only reason guys like Florio and Mortensen don't get it is just that they don't understand "Foxspeak". The local reporters do, and they know it's never gonna happen.

Some might have gotten buttsore about yet another Vick thread, but most of us are just saying that is how Fox operates with the media and to get used to it. If enough people freak about it, Hurney will release a statement, but Fox will likely never change his tight-lipped, say-nothing ways. It is what it is.

That is the reason I started the thread. I know that Fox has a reputation for not revealing info,(frankly I like that) but in this case, of all cases, would have been a great time for him to give a rock solid answer. I was enraged when I heard the ESPN2 report that Fox "has not ruled out" the idea of you know who being brought on. I truly do not like the idea of our team being reported in the way it was in the segment I watched.

Anyway, I guess at least some of you can see that I was not starting another _____ thread. Although I realize that a relative new member coming up and starting a thread with a sensitive word in the title sets off alarm bells ( I have been reading this board for quite some time and understand well how the ____ issue is regarded) it was not my intention to start that type of thread. Most if not all of you are far more learned about the in and outs of the team than I, so I don't often have much to contribute except in rare occasions when something such as this (or the playoff game last year) lights a fire under my ass.

Just for a little info. I live in S. Korea though born and raised in Knightdale and Raleigh NC. I came here in 2004, and for the first 3 years I was unable to see ANY of the games until I finally found a reliable torrent site (I wont name it as I don't want to jinx it) to download the games. I plan my yearly trip home to NC around the games I want to see and this year will be week 1 against the Eagles (man I hate that team), not Christmas, or Thanksgiving not my mother or fathers birthday, but around the Panthers schedule.

I did not want to come here and get off on the wrong foot as the season starts. I was hoping to have a group of people that I could enjoy the games and discussions with, which is something I do not have here in Korea. There are few football fans here, and in fact the only other American I know in this city who watches and follows an NFL team is an Eagles fan, so as you may guess he is not someone I am interested in enjoying the games and discussions with.

Anyway...cheers and hope Kemo is OK!!!

That is the reason I started the thread. I know that Fox has a reputation for not revealing info,(frankly I like that) but in this case, of all cases, would have been a great time for him to give a rock solid answer. I was enraged when I heard the ESPN2 report that Fox "has not ruled out" the idea of you know who being brought on. I truly do not like the idea of our team being reported in the way it was in the segment I watched.

Anyway, I guess at least some of you can see that I was not starting another _____ thread. Although I realize that a relative new member coming up and starting a thread with a sensitive word in the title sets off alarm bells ( I have been reading this board for quite some time and understand well how the ____ issue is regarded) it was not my intention to start that type of thread. Most if not all of you are far more learned about the in and outs of the team than I, so I don't often have much to contribute except in rare occasions when something such as this (or the playoff game last year) lights a fire under my ass.

Just for a little info. I live in S. Korea though born and raised in Knightdale and Raleigh NC. I came here in 2004, and for the first 3 years I was unable to see ANY of the games until I finally found a reliable torrent site (I wont name it as I don't want to jinx it) to download the games. I plan my yearly trip home to NC around the games I want to see and this year will be week 1 against the Eagles (man I hate that team), not Christmas, or Thanksgiving not my mother or fathers birthday, but around the Panthers schedule.

I did not want to come here and get off on the wrong foot as the season starts. I was hoping to have a group of people that I could enjoy the games and discussions with, which is something I do not have here in Korea. There are few football fans here, and in fact the only other American I know in this city who watches and follows an NFL team is an Eagles fan, so as you may guess he is not someone I am interested in enjoying the games and discussions with.

Anyway...cheers and hope Kemo is OK!!!

Don't take the crap too seriously...we flame everyone now and then.

If you are in town for the Eagles games, please make sure you come party with us at the Huddle Tailgate. You will find that even though we get a little testy here at times, the Huddle is a great group of Panther Fans.

Archived