• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Mock (The Realistic One)

MedellinHeel

DG, please use this when you are on the clock. 

Round 1: WR Odel Beckham Jr. 5'11 198 LSU

This guy is pretty explosive and would be a solid pick here. I have concerns about his height but fug it we need to take a chance bc our WR group is lacking. Decent chance he is not there at 28, but its possible. 

0ap2000000269770.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrno

Round 2: OT Billy Turner 6'5 315 NDSU

I really love this dudes size and quickness. Last year I loved Short and hoped we picked him in the 2nd, well Turner is that guy this year. I see this guy having a nice career as a LT. 

412L.jpg

Round 3: OT Cameron Fleming 6'5 323 Stanford

This guy is a strong RT with solid foot speed to boot. Bell sucks and Fleming would be an ideal replacement. 

md_Cameron%20Fleming_09072013_DE_200.JPG

Round 4: WR Jared Abbrederis 6'1 195 Wisconson

FO has shown interest and rightfully so. Dude has some really nice hands and is deceptively quick. Some other possibilities here would be Brandon Coleman or Devin Street. 

abbrederis-620.jpg

Round 5: CB Aaron Colvin 5'11 177 OU

He is coming off an injury but if he can come back to form he would be a steal in the 5th. 

6_101721.jpg

Round 6: CB Walt Aiken 6'1 205 Liberty

Sleeper who stood out at the Señor bowl. 

petey.png

Round 7: OLB Boseko Lokombo 6'2 225 Oregon 

Depth and special teams if nothing else. 

bose.jpg

All right, that is enough mocks for me. Come on draft night! 

Top 4 picks represent value and work very well with our team needs.  Love them.

The back half of any draft is always a crap shoot.

My thoughts are that our CB's already on the roster are as good as anything we can get in the last half of the draft.  If we continue to run zone D for the most part, I can see using a late rounder on Colvin, but would probably try to get another G in here with the other.  One of our guards had season ending injury adn the other was rumored to have been over 400 lbs after he missed his rookie season.

Good mock though, would turn our weaknesses into strengths for sure

First four picks couldn't work out much better for us.

Forget OBJ's height - his top tier route running and athleticism will allow him to consistently create separation at the next level. Big hands for a guy that is just under 6 ft - helped him make some spectacular catches in college. He's the guy I want most at 28 and I think we'd be very fortunate to have him fall that far.

Turner/Fleming would be an excellent OT combo. I'm not sure Fleming falls that far but I'm hoping he does. There are some other good RTs that will likely be available in that spot if Fleming is off the board.

I doubt Abbrederis lasts until that late in the fourth round - but good for us if he does. Another guy that consistently creates separation, even against so,e very good CBs in college. Would be a very solid young #2 WR prospect.

Personally, I'd flip Aikens and Colvin in your draft order but I like both guys. Both would fit well with the roles we ask our CBs to play.

I'm hoping that Gettleman will trade either our #2 or #3 2015 pick to get into the third or fourth round this year and draft a player he likes - this draft is insanely deep at the positions we need. If a very good DB/S/TE/WR/OL is falling I think we should pull the trigger. We should have a few compensatory picks next year to get us back up to at least 7 picks.

Archived