• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers ready for training camp

dcarolina187

Peppers said he expected to sign an extension with the Panthers after meeting with Richardson, but his agent and team officials weren't able to reach an agreement before the NFL's July 15 deadline for clubs to negotiate with players they'd franchised.

All Important Line from the Article! :D

“You could always try to get better, and that's my vision. I want always to do better than what I've done. What I did last year was good, but I feel like I can do better and I've strived to do better, whether it be in the system I'm placed in or a different one.”

Peppers said he's excited about the Panthers' chances this season and that his primary goal is to help them win the Super Bowl.

i like this. i like it a lot.

Peppers said he expected to sign an extension with the Panthers after meeting with Richardson, but his agent and team officials weren't able to reach an agreement before the NFL's July 15 deadline for clubs to negotiate with players they'd franchised.

All Important Line from the Article! :D

Yeah that was cool, but IMO was tempered a bit by this:

Peppers said, adding that “under the right circumstances, under the perfect circumstances” he's still open to signing an extension with Carolina.

It almost sounds like that was the window and now it will be more difficult whether it be due to money or contract length or what have you. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

It almost sounds like that was the window and now it will be more difficult whether it be due to money or contract length or what have you. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I read the quotes a lot like you did. I still think next year he'll go looking for another team, but he's saying all the right things because Carolina might be the only team willing to pay the money he's apparently worth.

After all he said earlier in the year, he is backpedaling faster than a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

At least he is saying the right things. I gotta beleive he is going to bolt again unless we win the Superbowl or no one else is interested and we tag him again.

Well, at least he's making an attempt to say and do the right things after everything that has gone down.

Sounds like he's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder after reading all the comments about him taking plays and games off - so maybe he'll come out this year with a little extra fire under him?

We will see if this is all true. I think the Panthers will have a better player this season without Pep having the long term deal. I am also still bothered and do not like Pep with all the "I dont want to hurt the franchise talk" and now the lack of depth on the O-Line that might not have occured had the team had the extra $ to sign some of the guys that left. Yeah I know some wanted to start somewhere else, but you never know plus I am not sure what other O-line guys were out there.

We will see if this is all true. I think the Panthers will have a better player this season without Pep having the long term deal. I am also still bothered and do not like Pep with all the "I dont want to hurt the franchise talk" and now the lack of depth on the O-Line that might not have occured had the team had the extra $ to sign some of the guys that left. Yeah I know some wanted to start somewhere else, but you never know plus I am not sure what other O-line guys were out there.

I can agree with your thoughts. I believe we saw more of the true peppers than most of us realized. He's an excellent player, when he plays, but there is plenty of reason to say he takes plays off. Peppers stock dropped in my book when he did what he did. Sure, there is a business side to this, but don't say you don't want to hurt the team and then act as he did. It hurt the team. The guys on the field are professionals and we will see their best under the circumstances. That underlying riff will always be there. I'm anxious for the season to start and feel, even with the schedule, that the Panthers will do very well (if not win it all).

Well, at least he's making an attempt to say and do the right things after everything that has gone down.

Sounds like he's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder after reading all the comments about him taking plays and games off - so maybe he'll come out this year with a little extra fire under him?

I agree, I kind of liked how he pointed out the reporters talking of his taking plays off. 16 sacks this season would be great :D

Archived