• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones to the Raiders.

FearTheCats

Get a grip, and get your expectations in order!  We may be the most inexperienced WR corps in NFL history, but that doesn't necessarily mean we will be the worst.  Granted, we do have Shula calling the plays, so that could make for the perfect storm, but with all of the talent in the draft, I actually think that our WR corps will be more talented in reality, if not on paper.  It's gonna depend on Shula and the coaches.

The only worry is how far behind the offense is in quality when compared to the defense. We might have an elite defense, but at this rate, we could struggle to put points on the board unless Gettleman hits on a few gem receivers.

I agree that he will look to build through the draft. But I hope he sets his

sights higher than King and McNutt.

I think we will get a potential starter at WR from the draft and knows who might become available after June 1 cap casualties.

Why is everybody so cock sure that McNutt or King will not develop into a viable option. Correct me of I'm wrong, but McNutt and King were claimed just last Oct, right.

McNutt was qb at Iowa that converted to WR. started out slow, but made a vast improvment each season, where he broke Iowas single season TD and receiving yds records his senior year.

Gettleman is not just a FO stuffed shirt, he used be a scout. I think I will trust his evaluation skills over this "chicken little", the worlld is ending hysteria.

One thing about it: G-man needs to be on the phone with Mckenzie about a possible trade for Denarius Moore. I would assume that Rod Streater is going to play on the other side of Jones being that Moore found himself in Dennis Allen's doghouse.

Remember - The Seattle Seahawks won the SuperBowl with less than great WR's.  Golden Tate was their best WR in 2013 and he only had 64 catches for 848 yards with 5 TD's.  These stats are comparable to Greg Olsen's stats. 

The Seahawks won with a strong running game (Lynch had over 1,200 yards), very good special teams, and an outstanding defense. 

Even with losing Captain, Mitchell, Mikell, and Florence, the Panthers will still have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Gano proved to be a very reliable kicker, and Nortman progress nicely as a punter. They still have very capable RB's with Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert.  If they can fix the o-line there is no reason why the Panthers can't have a very strong running game and this will complements their defense. 

To me, the biggest weakness is the o-line.  They need to solidify all positions except Center & possibly LG unless Amini comes back strong. 

They will add WR's through the draft and free agency.  They don't need a superstar WR to win....just look at the 2013 Seahawks.

As bad as things are in the WR department, just know it's even WORSE in the LT department. I think I'd rather see us go to war with McNutt and King than Byron Bell at LT. We need to address that issue more than anything.

Yeah, I think we're going for O line hogs early in the draft. Gettleman is going to being looking for Mike Mitchell / Ted Ginn type deals for WR this year. The crybabies will shriek about it, but they shriek about everything. Plus, it's funny when they do. It must be nice to never have to consider where the money comes from.

Archived