• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones to the Raiders.

FearTheCats

(Jones gets 20mil for 3 years) "WTF OMGZZ GETTLEMAGIC!!!  WE HAVE NO WRS!!!!  ARRRGH!!!"

Edit:

nevermind, this guy will do..  lol 

Gettle supporters will still find a way to defend him.

I hate we missed out on James Jones. While not the most coveted of wide receivers in this year's free-agent market, Jones had his fair share of potential suitors. At his age, he can't be the top option in a team's passing game, but he's more than capable of filling the No. 2 wide receiver role and uses his size well.

Jones led the league in touchdown receptions in 2012, with 14. This past season, he wasn't able to come close to that mark, with only three touchdowns, but he did set a career high for receiving yards (817), so it was a productive campaign for him..

Why would we go WR in both the 1st and 2nd rounds? Do you guys not remember that Byron Bell is our starting left tackle right now?

Taking into account that there are way more pass rushing LEs in the league, Bell only gave up 6 more QB hurries than did Gross. Also, isn't it rational to assume that Bell can improve on his performance from a year ago?

Why don't we cut Godfrey? Restructure a guy like Kalil? These things can be done and free up cap space right? Why aren't we doing it?

Because that makes our terrible cap situation next year even worse.

Why can't some of you understand that it will take a couple of seasons of patch working a roster together to get out of this cap hell. Restructuring contracts just push more cap space into next year.

It is not really that hard to understand. But most of you complaining are the "me" generation that wants immediate gratification and think everything is just given to you because you want it.

QB Newton

RB Williams

FB Tolbert

WR Cotchery

WR Cooks

LT Bell

LG Silatolu

C Kalil

RG Scott

RT Williams

TE Olsen

Does that sound like an offense capable of scoring on Seattle or San Francisco?

Depends, can we punch it in from the goal line this time?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I keep telling you guys that Gettleman's plan is to build through the draft to get our core players and bring in transitional vets to help bring along our rookies and young receivers like King and McNutt.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Gettleman can't help it if these wr's want more then He can offer. After draft picks the team has like 2 million left in cap space this season and is in bad shape next season as well. Panthers can't really afford more then 1 to 2.5 million a season for multi year deals and vet min on 1 year deals.

There will be a lot of space after we extend Hardy.

I'm deciding to keep quiet and wait this thing out. This offseason was suppose to be getting Cam weapons, so let's give the man the full offseason to accomplish that. It's not looking good and I've been off the cliff and back again, you might call it denial but there is no way we start this season with Mcnutt and a Rookie competing for the #1 WR spot.

Archived