• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones to the Raiders.

FearTheCats

Anyone bashing Gettlemen has the kind of dumb that can't be fixed.  Look at the books (for once) and detail what he needs to do, where the money is coming from and when it will be available, instead of bitching about what he is not doing.  You are making no sense and show a pretty obvious inability to synthesize collective facts into a logical reaction. 

Anyone who thinks we can be competitive after gutting our WR corps, o-line and secondary in the same offseason while having only 5 million in cap room and 7 draft picks has the kind of dumb that can't be fixed.

If we had signed James Jones you people would be singing the praises of Dave Gettleman and his magical, infallible plan.

Anyone who thinks we can be competitive after gutting our WR corps, o-line and secondary in the same offseason while having only 5 million in cap room and 7 draft picks has the kind of dumb that can't be fixed.

If we had signed James Jones you people would be singing the praises of Dave Gettleman and his magical, infallible plan.

When he has the money to extend Cam, Luke, and Star over the next three years will you?

When he has the money to extend Cam, Luke, and Star over the next three years will you?

We shouldn't have to worry about re-signing Star for three years. Cam and Luke are more pressing needs but neither will want to stay if we suck.

If we have a winning record this season, I'll eat crow. I did it IRL when Cam, contrary to my preconceptions, panned out. I just don't see it happening at this point at the rate we're going.

We shouldn't have to worry about re-signing Star for three years. Cam and Luke are more pressing needs but neither will want to stay if we suck.

If we have a winning record this season, I'll eat crow. I did it IRL when Cam, contrary to my preconceptions, panned out. I just don't see it happening at this point at the rate we're going.

Three years?  We are missing out on guys because of three year deals.  We don't have the ability to sign these guys you want AND also extend Luke, Cam, and Star.

Would you rather have these WRs or those three guys?  Because Cam is going to get paid, Luke will command a contract commiserate with the best ILB in the NFL, Star is going to get a big extension.

What we do now, will greatly impact what we are able to do three years from now.  Kinda like the @20 million in dead money to guys that aren't even on the team because of past restructures and multi year contracts.

If we had some of that dead money maybe we could have made some more aggressive offers.  But the pattern of playing for next year instead of next 10 years is what got us into this in the first place

James Jones was the last possible person ever to exist who could possibly help us be a respectable football team. Now Can and all other NFL players will never want to play here. Its all on DG. His plan sucks. He will be on the street while Steve smith wins super bowls. Amiright?

Jones would have been nice, but again, he was over paid. Since teams have to spend at least 89% of the cap, teams like the Raiders are overpaying like crazy.

Lucky for us, we're easily there! Be patient. It would be nice for folks to chill out on the end of the season, Cam and Luke are bailing nonsense.

Oh, and you know what's going to happen to all these young guys? They will perform or be gone. So don't stress about things you can't control.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Here is the thing...

This FA class of WR this year was/is kinda poo and I don't blame him for not tying up money into mediocre talent just to have a signing.

The plan probably has been the draft all along.

then we should've signed a LT, like Collins.

Archived