• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones to the Raiders.

FearTheCats

How come every wr we don't get the all of a sudden suck or were overrated or not right for our system? When we were after Hakeem nicks and didn't get him it was like "we don't need him. We can still get Jones and a draft pick, king and mcnutt". Then we don't get Jones and people are like " Jones was overrated, we didn't want him. We can get by with draft pick and PS players".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Why don't we cut Godfrey? Restructure a guy like Kalil? These things can be done and free up cap space right? Why aren't we doing it?

No more restructures!!! Time to build for the future. Restructures only kick the can down the road and are a big part of the problem

The free agent WRs are not very good. No way I would overpay for an average WR like Jones, especially when he is 29.

At this point I would pick up some vets for the league minimum and load up with WRs in the draft. I suspect Gettle agrees with the rest of the world and knows this position is stacked this year in draft. Let's not forget our offense was awful last year outside of Cam.

Extensions for Cam and Luke?

Can they catch passes? More importantly, is Cam going to want to stay here when we have both an awful o-line and and awful receiving corps? Having just one of those is a major problem.

Can they catch passes? More importantly, is Cam going to want to stay here when we have both an awful o-line and and awful receiving corps? Having just one of those is a major problem.

Maybe he will want to leave, but if we keep restructuring and throwing big multi years deal he and Luke won't have a choice. Or you really will see a rebuilding year because of all the dead money from restructures and not having the money to keep anybody with Cam and Luke.

So what is AE doing now? I know a lot here never liked him but I was starting to like him alittle. Maybe we could resign him to come in for training camp. Want hurt to have another look at him with all the time we invested in converting him to WR. Wouldn't be a bad 5th or 6th option IMHO.

How come every wr we don't get the all of a sudden suck or were overrated or not right for our system? When we were after Hakeem nicks and didn't get him it was like "we don't need him. We can still get Jones and a draft pick, king and mcnutt". Then we don't get Jones and people are like " Jones was overrated, we didn't want him. We can get by with draft pick and PS players".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Some people lack in logic, they are swayed by bias not reason.  It is easily apparent to the rest of the league, what a clown DG and his moves/lack thereof, is. 

Archived