• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Draft Phiosophoy | 2 TE Set & WR

Ace_Aladdin

You have no concerns about Amini at LT?  An unproven 2nd year player at RG?  That same unproven 2nd year player playing beside a RT we already know isn't very good?  That's not even mentioning a rookie at LG playing beside an OG plugged in at LT.

IMO, your "solution" for the OL is pretty close to my "worst case scenario".

oh wee mayne

And yet Gettleman didn't bring in a vet LT for the team. Amini, Kalil, Kugbilla & Bell are going to be the starters, maybe not in the order of position I put it in. Gabe Jackson is  the 2nd best rated guard and was handling NFL level DT in the SEC. The offense mentality is run first and time possession which plays into the strength of the OL. Last year OL was plug and play for the most part and where terrible at run blocking. We couldn't even score a TD at the goal line with Tolber & Cam in the playoffs. The use of 2 TE set will also make it easier for the Tackles.

Still a lot of offseason left.  I don't think (at least I hope) that our LT is currently on the roster.

Usually if you go for LT in FA you get a quality starters other wise your getting the same talent level that is on the roster and Gettleman believes in the solution is on the roster. Zack Streif just resigned with the Saints http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334552/article/zach-strief-new-orleans-saints-strike-5year-contract, The only other Tackle I can see brought in is Donald Penn. Another solution might be drafting a LT that FO believes can step in day one. With the cap situation we are in younger players are going to have to step up including the lower round talent. Seattle has done excellent in draft with lower round talent and we will do the same. Gettleman is a good scout to bring in the players and Ron River & CO have been great at developing players : Cam, Hardy, Addison, Amini, Luke,....etc. 

This was well thought out and I agree, not only does it make sense but it follows what Gettleman will most likely do. I've been saying all along, all we need to get is a solid WR in free agency and then get 1-2 in the draft. It's not like we spread it out as much anymore and there's no reason to believe that we won't run the ball just as much or more than last year. 

Usually if you go for LT in FA you get a quality starters other wise your getting the same talent level that is on the roster and Gettleman believes in the solution is on the roster. Zack Streif just resigned with the Saints http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334552/article/zach-strief-new-orleans-saints-strike-5year-contract, The only other Tackle I can see brought in is Donald Penn. Another solution might be drafting a LT that FO believes can step in day one. With the cap situation we are in younger players are going to have to step up including the lower round talent. Seattle has done excellent in draft with lower round talent and we will do the same. Gettleman is a good scout to bring in the players and Ron River & CO have been great at developing players : Cam, Hardy, Addison, Amini, Luke,....etc. 

There will be cuts during camp.  There's also the draft.

Meanwhile, "the solution may already be on the roster" is rapidly becoming the new "it is what it is".

Yes, you would when your picking at the bottom of the round with a Offensive Philosophy of run first,Multi- Million dollar RB co. and when you have a OL prospect that played in the SEC and is All-American. Gettleman " Building from inside out " and love for HOGMOLLIES.

Not when you are already fine at guard and have huge needs at WR, OT, and DB in a draft year that has great depth at WR and DB.

Archived