• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I may stand completely alone on this...

Mr. Scot

...but I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone else feel like the NFL would be better overall if the Raiders were a powerhouse again, rather than a laughingstock?

In the glory days, the Raiders were the biggest villains in the NFL. Sports drama, like a good action movie, works better when you have a strong villain that everyone can hate. If the bad guy is a doormat, there's no drama to it.

I don't think the Raiders can be the villains and a powerhouse at the same

The last time the Raiders were successful under Gruden/Callahan in the 01-02 season, I didn't think they had that "Villain" image. Rich Gannon & Jerry Rice West Coast Offense, Nah. Even though they were winning it didn't feel like "Raider Football"

Although today this season if the Raiders are successful (longshot would be an understatement) I would definitely consider them Villains, With AL obviously calling most of the shots, an obscure HC. Raiders being the laughingstock on Draft Day, thats "Raider Football" AL Davis going against the grain doing what he wants.

But I don't think it would matter to the NFL at all. Allthough with all the lawsuites AL has brought to the League, the NFL probably enjoys the Raiders right were they are.

Archived