• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Brandin Cooks....

Zod

You went from a player "mentoring" to now talking about positional coaches, who job is to coach. Which one we talking about here? Steve Smith job wasn't to "mentor" anybody, he however could and actually did give advice as far as how to the play WR

Yes those are definitely different since one is telling you how to play the position and the other is telling you how to play the position.

Possibly.  Only about 1/3 receivers drafted in the first round since 2000 have been top notch.  It quickly falls off after that though so the chances of increased success would be higher but probably not by as much as we might expect.

It helps if you can put the WR on special teams, that way they contribute immediately and gain confidence. Worked for Smitty, might work for this guy.

I agree but that's what that pick would say on the surface. I also have nothing against Cooks, seems like he'd be a fine player in the right system. That could be ours. Just from what I know I'd rather have a Matthews, Lee might be there, or even Benjamin or a few others. Cooks just looks so damn little, and not just short. Little.

Well how old is he? He'll fill out, Smitty did.

No offense Zod, but you wouldn't be a willing or unknowing accomplice to the process of smoke and mirrors would you?

For the next 8 weeks, we will hear nothing but one rumor after another.  Love the Cooks pick, but not sure why some guy would risk his job to tell the guy who owns a football website who is on their draft board.

Guess I am just a bit suspect.  Sorry

Archived