• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Brandin Cooks....

Zod

3.57%, if you remove all other factors like teams who aren't interested.

Reports are that the jets love him. So, I'm not sure. I'm not overly optimistic about it.

Yeah I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just don't want us to be desperate in the draft, and the WR situation makes that difficult.

Guest shitposting

Hatter is 100% right.  If Smith was a good mentor we would have seen better play from the other WRs.

It might help if we drafted a WR in the early rounds for once.

I said this numerous times that cutting Smitty probally will allow the Panthers to go after a dynamic WR like Cooks in the draft where if Smitty is still on the roster it will not make sense.

Double dip for the bigger pass catcher coupled with. Sidney Rice type WR and we are good at WR.

It has nothing to do with it period. If you good, you good. If you suck, you fuging suck. Yall can stop the excuses for the Panthers inability to bring in Smith replacement when he said years ago he's tired of being number 1

Why do positional coaches exist when based on your genius observation they would serve absolutely no purpose?

Nothing against Cooks, but if we draft him it shouldn't be because we are looking for a younger Steve Smith, so many people couldn't wait to run the guy out of town. Let's look for the best receiver period to pair with our franchise quarterback, not someone who seems a lot like a previous player. Whoever we draft, let him be his own man.

I agree but that's what that pick would say on the surface. I also have nothing against Cooks, seems like he'd be a fine player in the right system. That could be ours. Just from what I know I'd rather have a Matthews, Lee might be there, or even Benjamin or a few others. Cooks just looks so damn little, and not just short. Little.

Why do positional coaches exist when based on your genius observation they would serve absolutely no purpose?

You went from a player "mentoring" to now talking about positional coaches, who job is to coach. Which one we talking about here? Steve Smith job wasn't to "mentor" anybody, he however could and actually did give advice as far as how to the play WR

It might help if we drafted a WR in the early rounds for once.

Possibly.  Only about 1/3 receivers drafted in the first round since 2000 have been top notch.  It quickly falls off after that though so the chances of increased success would be higher but probably not by as much as we might expect.

Archived