• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Brandin Cooks....

Zod

Guest shitposting

I have a feeling New Orleans will take him. They need a new speed guy. 

Isn't it fuged how New Orleans picks in front of us this year with almost the same needs?

Great. Gettleman wants to replace Smitty with a wannabe. All I have to say is IF he has Smitty's passion, work ethic and drive (aka chip on his shoulder) then he'll be a good pick. That's an astronomically huge IF though.

Nothing against Cooks, but if we draft him it shouldn't be because we are looking for a younger Steve Smith, so many people couldn't wait to run the guy out of town. Let's look for the best receiver period to pair with our franchise quarterback, not someone who seems a lot like a previous player. Whoever we draft, let him be his own man.

How likely is it that he makes it to 28?

Jets and Saints the most likely, I've heard the Jets really like OBJ and that the Saints are looking to go with defensive end or 3-4 olb.

I'd say the most likely to pick him would be the Jets and it likely be down to OBJ or Cooks.

Nothing against Cooks, but if we draft him it shouldn't be because we are looking for a younger Steve Smith, so many people couldn't wait to run the guy out of town. Let's look for the best receiver period to pair with our franchise quarterback, not someone who seems a lot like a previous player. Whoever we draft, let him be his own man.

Agree, but it just so happens his skill set would fill an urgent need on the team as well.

This kid was a team captain and has not missed a game since his first year of high school.

Archived