• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Brandin Cooks....

Zod

I am actually unsure if Dave actually wants Cook. He has stated several times this is a BIG mans league. BIG men win. Why look for the future steve smith or wes welker when you can find a bigger version of that type player? Dez Bryant is a bigger and taller version of Steve smith. 

Yeah, just what Cam needs is a 5'10" wide receiver, esp if we bring in Cotchery. Unfortunately this is Zod, so this is probably right. Unfortunately it makes sense for this franchise to keep making wrong decisions. It's sad that Keyshawn was the last tall possession receiver we had that was worth a damn, 8 years ago. fug it, draft a kicker at 28.

Captain Hindsight says if you wanted Steve Smith, you should've kept Steve Smith. Cam needs Benjamin, hands down. Tall, physical receiver with hands. But i'm still on the Tackle bandwagon at 28, if the kid from Bama is there, he's ours, and we can get a good WR in the second, and draft a corner in the third, then alternate OL/WR the rest of the way out. I swear if we draft another Barner, i'm going to flip my lid. fuging wasted pick.

Cooks has an exceptional verticle but Benjamin does not have to leap to get tall.

Yah i'm going to be pretty pissed if we go with a short WR, they might be productive, but how many times does cam go high? Imagine if he had a calvin johnson-type receiver that could go up and get the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME? fug an offensive line at that point, and that would make our #2 receiver even better. A WR like Benjamin would fit Shula's offense perfectly, not to mention put up better numbers for Olsen.

All I'll say to those screaming about height is that if the '01 draft was redone, Smitty wouldn't have been available to us in the 3rd round. I'm sure Smitty's height was one of the reasons we were able to nab him in the 3rd Hindsight being 20/20 and all, Smitty would've been a top 10 pick.  Now I'm not saying Cooks = Smitty, I'm just saying that if we're going to take a WR at #28, let's take the best WR on the board, not the tallest.  If we think Cooks is the best WR on the board, then take him.  .

I would be happy with Benjamin or Cooks bc there will be big WRs in the third 4th area..

Cooks had a better combine and ran more of a route tree than Sammy Watkins did. Cooks had one of the all time short shuttle times in combine history too(why is this important? It shows explosive cutting agility need for sammer WRs to get seperratiin in the pros..and his was all time elite)

I just want a WR or TE that has something exceptional about them..Benjamin is the Size speed combo and Cooks the one play, after the catch explosiveness.

Jarvis Landry and Cooks?

Benjamin and Bruce Ellington?

All I'll say to those screaming about height is that if the '01 draft was redone, Smitty wouldn't have been available to us in the 3rd round. I'm sure Smitty's height was one of the reasons we were able to nab him in the 3rd Hindsight being 20/20 and all, Smitty would've been a top 10 pick. Now I'm not saying Cooks = Smitty, I'm just saying that if we're going to take a WR at #28, let's take the best WR on the board, not the tallest. If we think Cooks is the best WR on the board, then take him. .

Best avail need guy is all I care about. Plenty of tall WR busts roaming the NFL: Leonard Hankerson, Doug Baldwin...just get as many guys who can touch the ball and get in the end zone.

Best avail need guy is all I care about. Plenty of tall WR busts roaming the NFL: Leonard Hankerson, Doug Baldwin...just get as many guys who can touch the ball and get in the end zone.

I wouldn't consider Doug Baldwin a bust.  He made some big time catches in the playoffs.

Spoke to someone in the know today, he says the Panthers have WR Brandin Cooks high on their board. If New Orleans does not grab him at 27 he will be the Panthers pick.

Kid runs a 4.33 and is 5'10. Would immediately give us the deep threat that the loss of Ginn took away from us. Also he is a full time punt returner.

Anywho... watch this youtube and see who he reminds you of, both in play and in attitude....

Were any other names mentioned as the backup plan? Like if he is gone would we take a kelvin Benjamin perhaps?

Archived