• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Camp Casualties that might interest the Panthers

frash.exe

In this thread we post players on other teams who are on the fringe. These are strictly prospects for depth, so please don't boo me on how I don't think Damione Lewis should start or whatnot. But the general concept is in the interest of depth, and the Panthers are lacking a little in that dept. at some positions.

Jay Alford (Giants)-Not only can Alford provide some good DT depth, however he also can play longsnapper. Which is good, because since Jason Kyle's gone it may be time to look for a 2 for 1 backup to save a roster spot as well as contribute on defense. The Giants DLine is stacked, top to bottom. At DT, If they keep only 4, they will start Robbins and Canty with Rocky Bernard and either Robbins or Alford backing them up. If they want to keep Robbins, who had some nice production himself, that means Alford's gone. If they want to keep Alford instead due to age reasons, Robbins would be the odd man out. But if it was Robbins, I wouldn't be so quick to pick him up due to the fact he's 32. Or maybe he too could contribute spelling Lewis, who knows...

if you're interested do some research, and see if you can find some players whose jobs are not so secure heading into the season.

In this thread we post players on other teams who are on the fringe. These are strictly prospects for depth, so please don't boo me on how I don't think Damione Lewis should start or whatnot. But the general concept is in the interest of depth, and the Panthers are lacking a little in that dept. at some positions.

Jay Alford (Giants)-Not only can Alford provide some good DT depth, however he also can play longsnapper. Which is good, because since Jason Kyle's gone it may be time to look for a 2 for 1 backup to save a roster spot as well as contribute on defense. The Giants DLine is stacked, top to bottom. At DT, If they keep only 4, they will start Robbins and Canty with Rocky Bernard and either Robbins or Alford backing them up. If they want to keep Robbins, who had some nice production himself, that means Alford's gone. If they want to keep Alford instead due to age reasons, Robbins would be the odd man out. But if it was Robbins, I wouldn't be so quick to pick him up due to the fact he's 32. Or maybe he too could contribute spelling Lewis, who knows...

if you're interested do some research, and see if you can find some players whose jobs are not so secure heading into the season.

Jay Alford isn't going anywhere...

Archived