• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ginn to Arizona, 3 yr deal

SgtJoo

I get it, MG, but we've been here before...

Where a majority of the huddle senses something is amiss and bad things are to come, they get called chicken littles, get made fun of, then a few months later, turns out they were right and everyone is miserable.

I'm not saying that is or will be what happens this year, but there is certainly reason to be concerned right now.  Rarely do any teams signing like mad men on the first days of FA do anything of significance.  That's not what I'm advocating.  But, teams that retain the right impact players, DO win, and sustain success.  We let a LOT of impact players go in the first three days and have added nothing.  That is the issue.

Yes, there is a lot of time left to add players, but are the players left equal to what we have lost?  As I said, go look at what's left...  That's why everyone is complaining about what we lost, not what we haven't added.  It's about what we let go.  And then the other issue is, we're picking what?  28th in the draft?  We have absolutely no way of projecting what will be there.  Gettleman has already said we don't draft based on need.  Which is great when you have most of your roster filled.  LOL, WE DON'T!!!  We have a LOT OF NEEDS, and those have expanded since a good deal of our contributing players have signed elsewhere.  So, what happens if our pick comes up and everyone has already ran through the top tier of WRs and Gettleman has a Defensive Tackle as the BPA there?  LOL.  Do you take him, or do you go against your philosophy and reach for the next best prospect at WR?

There is a fine line between being smart, and being inactive, and we fell into the latter and now we're in some deep ish...  JMO, though...  We'll certainly find out soon, lol.

I get what you're saying with the "I've seen this movie before" thing.  I felt that way a lot with Fox and Hurney, and gave up on the team being any good for the last couple of years they were here.  Things are different now, though.  DG can evaluate talent is building a winning franchise the right way.  He's building for the long term, not just for one season.

Last offseason, he fixed the DL.  We went into the season with crap DBs, crap WRs and a crap left side of our line.  Lo and behold, that's exactly where we still are (with the addition of Gross retiring).  If he fixes one or two of those, and band aids the rest, like he did last season, we'll be better than last year and right back in the thick of it.

Then rinse and repeat in 2015, and we suddenly have a solid, young team with solid contracts ready for the long haul.

I get it, MG, but we've been here before...

Where a majority of the huddle senses something is amiss and bad things are to come, they get called chicken littles, get made fun of, then a few months later, turns out they were right and everyone is miserable.

I'm not saying that is or will be what happens this year, but there is certainly reason to be concerned right now. Rarely do any teams signing like mad men on the first days of FA do anything of significance. That's not what I'm advocating. But, teams that retain the right impact players, DO win, and sustain success. We let a LOT of impact players go in the first three days and have added nothing. That is the issue.

Yes, there is a lot of time left to add players, but are the players left equal to what we have lost? As I said, go look at what's left... That's why everyone is complaining about what we lost, not what we haven't added. It's about what we let go. And then the other issue is, we're picking what? 28th in the draft? We have absolutely no way of projecting what will be there. Gettleman has already said we don't draft based on need. Which is great when you have most of your roster filled. LOL, WE DON'T!!! We have a LOT OF NEEDS, and those have expanded since a good deal of our contributing players have signed elsewhere. So, what happens if our pick comes up and everyone has already ran through the top tier of WRs and Gettleman has a Defensive Tackle as the BPA there? LOL. Do you take him, or do you go against your philosophy and reach for the next best prospect at WR?

There is a fine line between being smart, and being inactive, and we fell into the latter and now we're in some deep ish... JMO, though... We'll certainly find out soon, lol.

I would have to disagree that we have lost a lot of "impact players". As a matter of fact we haven't lost a single one yet. Everyone we lost was was expendable. Gross is the only one that may sting for a few games bit everyone that got signed to other teams got over paid and Gettleman wasn't about to overpay for average thankfully.

You also fail to realize that there will be undrafted players signed as well as the roster cuts that Gentleman can sift through for talent before we play our first game.

Personally I welcome the complete overhaul of the offence because frankly, it was weak in talent. I'm looking forward to the new infusion of talent myself. Sure there's a chance all these new guys fall on their face the first year but I highly doubt it. It's completely Cam's offence now and I am thrilled to see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yes it is that unbelievable, our 1 year contracts had a lot of upside and we didn't lose any big name people that kept our core together, so far we have lost our offensive line and top 4 receivers and have 0 one year contracts to speak of. It's looking bleak. I know he has a plan buy it's definitely not going to take us anywhere this year.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived