• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ginn to Arizona, 3 yr deal

SgtJoo

lolz...we lose a bunch of B/C level FAs to padded contracts and everyone freaks.  how many of these guys will be cut in 1-2yrs as cap casualties because they got overpaid?  Mitchell, Ginn, Hixon, Munnerlyn will all be on the street or with a different team in 2 years, you can bet on that.

edit: you can go ahead add Smitty and Beason to that list.

It's the cumulative effect of turnover...  If you find someone that excels in a position you had need for, you keep them and continue to upgrade as needed, around those players, or if you find and target a player who upgrades that player, go after them and replace the incumbent.

That is not what Gettleman has done.  All we've done is lost players in the first three days of FA, and there is not talent out there to replace them now.  We have not upgraded anywhere.  We've lost players and have gained nothing.  And again, these guys were unique...  they struggled before, found their niche here, and excelled, and we let them walk.  I don't care what they do elsewhere, they were GOOD here, and would continue to be good here.

The only way you let starters walk like that is if you have a contingency plan in place that is a surefire way of replacing them.  It appears Gettleman did not, because we've done nothing...  And even if he did...  For example, replacing Smitty with Nicks.  Well, now that we've lost all of our WR corps and have nothing to fall back on, including being so desperate as to call back LaFail, now Nicks can drive up the price and has all the leverage over us because he knows we NEED him.

I believe Stewart will have a huge impact this year with a healthy off-season and young interior OL. I'm willing to bet he gets a 1,000yds this season.

he may very well, but I didn't want to include him because we don't know what we have with him.  We do have quality RBs, whether people want to admit it, or not.

Remember that thread I made a few days ago making fun of chicken littles that were freaking out about free agency? Yeah, forget all about that. If you're not freaking out right now, you're not paying attention. This free agency period could not go any worse unless Cam were to suddenly announce he was holding out for a new deal.

No. If we are not freaking out right now it means that we actually have a life outside of following a football team.

Carry on

It's the cumulative effect of turnover...  If you find someone that excels in a position you had need for, you keep them and continue to upgrade as needed, around those players, or if you find and target a player who upgrades that player, go after them and replace the incumbent.

That is not what Gettleman has done.  All we've done is lost players in the first three days of FA, and there is not talent out there to replace them now.  We have not upgraded anywhere.  We've lost players and have gained nothing.  And again, these guys were unique...  they struggled before, found their niche here, and excelled, and we let them walk.  I don't care what they do elsewhere, they were GOOD here, and would continue to be good here.

The only way you let starters walk like that is if you have a contingency plan in place that is a surefire way of replacing them.  It appears Gettleman did not, because we've done nothing...  And even if he did...  For example, replacing Smitty with Nicks.  Well, now that we've lost all of our WR corps and have nothing to fall back on, including being so desperate as to call back LaFail, now Nicks can drive up the price and has all the leverage over us because he knows we NEED him.

everyone who has walked is, or will be overpaid.  That's not the way to run a winning franchise.  That's how your run the Falcons and Cowboys.

why don't you wait a couple of weeks or even a month before complaining about the holes in our roster.  If LaFell is our #1 receiver in July, then yes you can call for Gettleman's head.  Doing it two days into FA is a bit short sighted.

he may very well, but I didn't want to include him because we don't know what we have with him.  We do have quality RBs, whether people want to admit it, or not.

Our OL sucked last year and their run blocking skills where pretty horrible but we still managed to be top 10 in rushing. I believe this year with Amini | Kalil | Kugbilla we will have size, youth and leadership in the OL to have a real rushing attack with a healthy Stewart.

Ya'll want to keep defending Gettleman, now?

IDGAFLYINGF what his plan WAS, he is fuging up. 

There is no way you replace this amount of production with 1-year deal vets and rookies.  He just sent us back to the fuging basement.

poo was cool when he let Mitchell walk, right?  "Ahh, he's just a scrub that benefited from us and now he got paid!  Good for him!"  WRONG.  Then it was cool when he cut Smitty...  "It was time.  Too much money, too little production."  WRONG.  And so, I expect ya'll to keep toeing the company line now that he let Ginn walk too...  Not to mention them talking about moving Bell to LT, and Gross, Hangartner, Byers, and potentially Wharton retiring now.  LOL. 

Fuging A. Here we go right back to the Richardson Rebuild. Always next year.

everyone who has walked is, or will be overpaid.  That's not the way to run a winning franchise.  That's how your run the Falcons and Cowboys.

why don't you wait a couple of weeks or even a month before complaining about the holes in our roster.  If LaFell is our #1 receiver in July, then yes you can call for Gettleman's head.  Doing it two days into FA is a bit short sighted.

I get it, MG, but we've been here before...

Where a majority of the huddle senses something is amiss and bad things are to come, they get called chicken littles, get made fun of, then a few months later, turns out they were right and everyone is miserable.

I'm not saying that is or will be what happens this year, but there is certainly reason to be concerned right now.  Rarely do any teams signing like mad men on the first days of FA do anything of significance.  That's not what I'm advocating.  But, teams that retain the right impact players, DO win, and sustain success.  We let a LOT of impact players go in the first three days and have added nothing.  That is the issue.

Yes, there is a lot of time left to add players, but are the players left equal to what we have lost?  As I said, go look at what's left...  That's why everyone is complaining about what we lost, not what we haven't added.  It's about what we let go.  And then the other issue is, we're picking what?  28th in the draft?  We have absolutely no way of projecting what will be there.  Gettleman has already said we don't draft based on need.  Which is great when you have most of your roster filled.  LOL, WE DON'T!!!  We have a LOT OF NEEDS, and those have expanded since a good deal of our contributing players have signed elsewhere.  So, what happens if our pick comes up and everyone has already ran through the top tier of WRs and Gettleman has a Defensive Tackle as the BPA there?  LOL.  Do you take him, or do you go against your philosophy and reach for the next best prospect at WR?

There is a fine line between being smart, and being inactive, and we fell into the latter and now we're in some deep ish...  JMO, though...  We'll certainly find out soon, lol.

Archived