• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

bLACKpANTHER's trip to Verizon Center [Bobcats vs Wizards]

bLACKpANTHER

Okay guys, mind you I got these tickets around Christmas time when the Wiz and Cats weren't playing as well- so they were very reasonable prices for 4 tickets right behind to the right of the Bobcats bench.. I'm sure if you DVR'ed the game (which I did) you would see me above the backboard in my Teal golf shirt.. anyways, lets rewind a bit:

So I'm stuck at work trying to get a few things off my desk and have a quick chat with my editor before I go that turns into a 15-20 minute conversation. I'm giving all the signs of "I am done talking to you right now!" but you know some people.. I got the watch checking going on- the looking out the window at my car- the pacing back and forth in a 2 foot space.. I finally get outta there and dash to meet my wife and pick up my son.. we are meeting my Mom and younger brother at the Verizon center. I have to beat DC traffic and get to the metro and take that in to the arena, but still have enough in me to snap this quick pic

20140312_165812.jpg

Now its crazy windy and cold out here in VA/DC/MD today because a storm that rolled in last night (thats why it took me so long to upload this- our server at work has been down) Notice my son doesn't have a jacket on.. this will come up later..

So we hop on the metro and meet up with my fam and find a secret entrance letting people into the suites (no lines, we are first in) but they arent letting people all the way in just yet, so i have time to grab this pic while we are waiting

20140312_175453.jpg

I am so anxious to see what our seats look like I am all giddy and feel like its gonna be a good night. Im bouncing in my shoes. Once they release up from captivity, we briskly gallop to our section and show the security person our tix -- "Yes, we have from row tickets. Be gone with you peasant!"

20140312_183217.jpg

I really couldn't believe how close we were. As soon as we got down to the floor I saw Gortat talking with Patrick Ewing

20140312_180405.jpg

Some of the players were still warming up when we got there (Kemba, Hendo, Pargo, Neal). And so was Stephanie Ready.. When Pargo left the court, he basically attempted a couple shots from where Stephanie is standing- i.e. off the court and over the backboard.. he was close on a few but didnt make it

20140312_182146.jpg

After Pargo left, I made sure to get the attention of Neal, Hendo and Kemba and to write their names down on our tickets.

20140312_181635.jpg

20140312_182901.jpg

After they left the court, it was time to sit back and grab a refreshment before the game started.. Then the players came out:

Archived