• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How bad would this suck?

ncbobcat

With Martin agreed to terms, but yet to sign, (according to Darin Gantt in the link) the Panthers will travel with 81 players to Spartanburg. Yes, 81. Martin is supposed to sign his contract Sunday upon reporting to camp. At that juncture, someone will have to be cut.

So, one of these poor guys is going to pack their stuff and head down to Sparkle City before heading back mere hours later.

That would suck...really suck!

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3af53c78f5-5302-4472-ae9b-5ad2edc90386&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

With Martin agreed to terms, but yet to sign, (according to Darin Gantt in the link) the Panthers will travel with 81 players to Spartanburg. Yes, 81. Martin is supposed to sign his contract Sunday upon reporting to camp. At that juncture, someone will have to be cut.

So, one of these poor guys is going to pack their stuff and head down to Sparkle City before heading back mere hours later.

That would suck...really suck!

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3af53c78f5-5302-4472-ae9b-5ad2edc90386&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

That probably hurts alot less than the guys who toil all training camp and preseason and get cut just before the season starts.

My question is why not cut the player now before doing all the planning, packing and so forth? It's not like we have to have 80 guys on the roster right now. The team could go to Spartanburg with 79...80 once Martin offically signs.

It just seems a bit cruel to me.

My question is why not cut the player now before doing all the planning, packing and so forth? It's not like we have to have 80 guys on the roster right now. The team could go to Spartanburg with 79...80 once Martin offically signs.

It just seems a bit cruel to me.

In case martin changes his mind or things change you haven't burned your bridges. Besides NFL football isn't for the faint of heart.

True, but how often is it that once a player 'agrees to terms ' that they back out of it? I'd just cut him now and tell the guy if there's any openings during camp, the team would possibly be in touch. That's not burning a bridge, but being honest and saving him some embarrassment of lasting hours at camp.

True, but how often is it that once a player 'agrees to terms ' that they back out of it? I'd just cut him now and tell the guy if there's any openings during camp, the team would possibly be in touch. That's not burning a bridge, but being honest and saving him some embarrassment of lasting hours at camp.

Yeah I am sure you are right. Those panther front office guys are just pricks and sadistic bastards. I can't imagine they would have reason to wait.

Well its obviously for the chance that Smitty K.O.'s one of our DB's on the first day of practice. They just have to cover their asses guys.....Lucas aint around anymore.

Low blow I know.....Jack Daniels does that to a man.

Yeah I am sure you are right. Those panther front office guys are just pricks and sadistic bastards. I can't imagine they would have reason to wait.

We know the reason, there waiting for the formaility to become final. It still doesn't make it right. It's a business, I guess the poor bastard should just be thankful for the opportunity, right?

They may not exactly know who that person is yet .

May be 2-3 possible players.

Wait and see the shape they are reporting in ,their attitude ,the Vets attitude toward them

I'm sure its a short list.

On the bright side if you think you may be that player,you or your agent needs to have another camp lined up so you don't have to get home an unpack

Archived