• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fug a CB or any D player in the 1st.

MedellinHeel

What don't you like about fuller?

It's not that I don't like him, it's that I don't like him at #28.  2nd round?  Sure.  I just don't think he's as good as the media is hyping him to be.  I watch a ton of ACC football and he just never wowed me.  I want to be wowed by 1st round picks.

It's not that I don't like him, it's that I don't like him at #28.  2nd round?  Sure.  I just don't think he's as good as the media is hyping him to be.  I watch a ton of ACC football and he just never wowed me.  I want to be wowed by 1st round picks.

Did you happen to see Fuller against Alabama?

If that performance didn't wow you, then I don't know what will.

Fuller's game against Alabama was probably the single best game by a corner all year.

It's not that I don't like him, it's that I don't like him at #28. 2nd round? Sure. I just don't think he's as good as the media is hyping him to be. I watch a ton of ACC football and he just never wowed me. I want to be wowed by 1st round picks.

I see, I personally think he's a baller but there's a lot of options at #28. Lots of depth in the draft.

I also understand wanting a tackle but there is a good chance that Moses, Turner, or Richardson will be available in the second round while the only legit first round prospect tackle that will be available at our pick is most likely CK and he comes with baggage.

As where the corner position is stacked with talent with players like Fuller, Verrett, and Roby.

I also understand wanting a tackle but there is a good chance that Moses, Turner, or Richardson will be available in the second round while the only legit first round prospect tackle that will be available at our pick is most likely CK and he comes with baggage.

As where the corner position is stacked with talent with players like Fuller, Verrett, and Roby.

I like Moses a good bit better than Richardson. His tape against SC is worrisome. Missing blocks left and right. And is a bit top heavy. 

I like Moses a good bit better than Richardson. His tape against SC is worrisome. Missing blocks left and right. And is a bit top heavy. 

Agreed, Moses is my favorite tackle that's not one of the big four (Matthews, Robinson, Lewan, Martin). I just don't know if he's worth the 28th pick.

The hope is that teams fall in love with Turner and Richardson, coupled by CK's drop that might allow the Panthers to select Moses with their second pick.

Agreed, Moses is my favorite tackle that's not one of the big four (Matthews, Robinson, Lewan, Martin). I just don't know if he's worth the 28th pick.

The hope is that teams fall in love with Turner and Richardson, coupled by CK's drop that might allow the Panthers to select Moses with their second pick.

I group Moses in that 2nd tier, not a sure pro bowl player but someone I can see being a good starter with a nice long career. 

Looking at it like that I dont see anything wrong with nabbing him at 28. He wont fall to the end of the 2nd. No way. 

Everyone. Pretty much all mocks have Gilbert and Dennard going early and Verrett, Fuller, etc going later in the next wave.

Those guys are not grouped with Gilbert and Dennard. Atleast not that ive seen.

and gettleman would care about what "pretty much everyone", ie wannabe experts who pretty much all just parrot each other say, why?

hint...he wouldnt.and he shouldnt. and he wouldn't be wrong for not paying attention to them. becaise he's smarter and working with much more information than any of those guys.

just because those talking heads say something doesn't mean they know what they are talking about in regards to what teams are looking for. what gettleman and co. thinks might be the best player fit for what we do here is very likely to be different than some across the board rating that draftniks use.

his board and the boards of all other teams are gonna be different than what "pretty much everyone" has.

if gettleman sees that a CB like verrett is a better fit and more talented than the closest WR or OT, then you better believe we'll draft him.

and like i and others pointed out earlier, drafting some DB in the first isn't neglecting the other needs. it's picking the best player that fits a need to make the overall team better. now if we go without drafting any WRs or OL in the first couple days...we might have a problem, but then i don't expect that nor do i not expect that gettleman won't be addressing WR, OT, and CB in FA.

I don't see how anyone knowledgeable of the roster could possibly be upset with taking a corner in the first round.

We are going into the offseason with our two starting corners as free agents and there is a possibility that neither will be back leaving the Panthers with Melvin White, James Dockery, Josh Thomas, and Josh Norman.

I don't see how anyone knowledgeable of the roster could possibly be upset with taking a corner in the first round.

We are going into the offseason with our two starting corners as free agents and there is a possibility that neither will be back leaving the Panthers with Melvin White, James Dockery, Josh Thomas, and Josh Norman.

Ill roll with them all day over rolling with no Gross and Bell. 

Talk about running for your life lol

totally agreed.

it's a huge need and we have limited funds.

i didn't want keuchly. i wanted a DT...or a WR, but mainly a DT. we had beason, i mean he was having to come back from a bad injury that was likely would take a long time to get anywhere near 100%, but i thought that wasn't near the need DT was. we picked the best player available and it was a smart decision and it was the right call...and that was with an inferior talent evaluator. last year i wanted a WR in the first couple rounds. that didn't happen but we got the best players available at those moments in the draft, and it was the right call.

i think gettleman and rivera will make a smart decision and it will be the right call. i want us to double dip at WR this year and maybe at OT as well. i think we can do that and still get really good players for years even if we don't take one of those in the first round. this is is one of the best classes i can remember in a really long time for several positions like WR, OT, OG, and CB. we can afford to take the best player available each round that fits a need and expect solid players and even legit starters in the first four rounds.

Archived