• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fug a CB or any D player in the 1st.

MedellinHeel

BPA as in the best WR, TE, or OT or CB or safety available. 

fixed.

we have no starting DBs signed. it's a huge priority.

limiting it to just a few, esp. including TE in which we have one of the better TEs in the league signed for a few more years, would be a mistake.

i just did a quick mock on fanspeak and thought i would do a little experiment to see what it would look like if we took the best corner available who happened to be just behind the best WR available.

this is what it looked like...

28 CB JASON VERRETT TCU

60 WR ALLEN ROBINSON PENN STATE

92 OT JACK MEWHORT OHIO STATE

124 WR DEVIN STREET PITTSBURGH

156 DE BRENT URBAN VIRGINIA

188 OT CORNELIUS LUCAS KANSAS STATE

202 WR CODY LATIMER INDIANA

now i don't know about anyone else, but as someone who really wants us to focus on offense this year and have it be more of a priority, i would love this.

I would puss my pants if Robinson were there at #60.... What a steal that would be.

fixed.

we have no starting DBs signed. it's a huge priority.

limiting it to just a few, esp. including TE in which we have one of the better TEs in the league signed for a few more years, would be a mistake.

I'm just saying we can lose a little defense to gain more offense. We didn't have a big time CB last year and the defense had a bend that didn't break. The best way to help the defense is not put so much pressure on them to come through.

Melvin White, Josh Thomas, Norman, and Mitchell will probably all be back. If Munnerlyn walks I'd be willing to think about CB in the 3rd round but our offense for a lack of a better word is dying right now. Only Smith is under contract and it doesn't even look like we are going to offer LaFell a contract.

I just want us to get Cam weapons. If a top WR doesn't fall to us in the first then we should take an OT, fortify the o-line. Make the running game better, give Cam more protection. 

I think TE is an option if the DG doesn't like who he sees at WR when we pick. I know we all think Brandon Williams could be a superstar. But how many thought the same thing of Dante Rosario, Jeff King, or Michael Gaines? 

My personal ideal scenario is we sign Monroe. Then that truly gives us the position to take the best available. We could take a WR, CB, and then another OT in the 3rd and make Bell a back up. Gettleman says he's going to sign FA's to get us in BPA mode come draft day. So we will have to see but that screams to me we are signing a WR or OT. 

Top 3 D. 

CB is a luxury pick. 

Gotta fix the O if we want to take the next step. 

I don't think you know what Luxury Pick means.

DE is a Luxury pick.

LB is a Luxury Pick.

QB is a Luxury Pick.

A CB is not a Luxury Pick. 

A position of need is not a luxury.

to 4 and outs on goal to go and our mediocre backfield killed us in the playoffs.

Not our offense.

DB in the first is nothing to cry about.

And this is a guy who's been on the "We need a WR" bandwagon for 3 years.

the system and OC had more to do with the lack of points than players.

it's a clock control offense. we eat up more clock on each possession than most. we also do more and better on each possession than most teams. the problem is that we don't get enough possessions....which, considering we still won 12 games  last year, wasn't that big of a problem, but still something that needs to be addressed. 

we do need serious help on the OL and we really need more weapons for cam, but doing that won't put us at the top of the league at points and yardage. 

This draft should be all about Cam. We can patch up the secondary again with one year random players and still have a top 5 D. Our offense and defense were night and day. We were bottom of the league in offense and had a top 2 D and you people still want to draft defense first. Makes no sense

Archived