• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fug a CB or any D player in the 1st.

MedellinHeel

BPA

</alldraftthreads>

Lulz

BPA is subjective and based / influenced ever slow slightly on needs / roster makeup. 

So if Teddy B. is still on the board at 28 we draft him right? 

At best you are looking at tiers of players. And I assure you there will be a WR or OL in which ever tier a D player will be at 28. 

Who says we're going to ignore our offense? This draft is stacked at WR. We could end up selecting a playmaker in the mid-rounds and still get a starter (Enunwa, Hoffman, Moncrief, Washington, Coleman, Lyerla, Herron, etc).

We need more than one new starter on offense.

I mean, if a defensive prospect is available and he's by far and away the #1 player on our board, then do it.  But, if it's close, I'd much rather hedge toward offense.

Dont confuse a conservative offense with a bad one. The Panthers were ranked 5th in drive success rate.

Football Outsiders has some fantastic statistical info.

Carolina was one of the more efficient offenses in all the NFL last year

But people prefer explosive

I dont give a poo about efficient. The only thing that matters is scoring offense ie ppg

With that said we were in the bottom half of the league ie 20 other teams scored more points than us. 

That is not gonna cut it. 

Yep, ranking 3rd in plays per drive, 3rd in fumbles per drive and controlling the clock ranking 2nd in TOP, helped rest that D and keep them out of trouble. How many pick 6's for Cam last year?

And they achieved all that against the 5th ranked Strength of opponent.

Lulz

BPA is subjective and based / influenced ever slow slightly on needs / roster makeup. 

So if Teddy B. is still on the board at 28 we draft him right? 

At best you are looking at tiers of players. And I assure you there will be a WR or OL in which ever tier a D player will be at 28. 

I swear that this board has become the equivalent of an after school program for 7th graders.

I dont give a poo about efficient. The only thing that matters is scoring offense ie ppg

With that said we were in the bottom half of the league ie 20 other teams scored more points than us. 

That is not gonna cut it. 

Thats not true at all.

Winning is what matters most.

Stafford and the Lions put up lots of yards and points yet they struggle to actually win games.

We slow the game down, limit possesions and because we are more efficient we win.

Thats not true at all.

Winning is what matters most.

Stafford and the Lions put up lots of yards and points yet they struggle to actually win games.

We slow the game down, limit possesions and because we are more efficient we win.

Yea and we wont be winning the SB with an offense ranked in the bottom half of the league. 

Archived