• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fug a CB or any D player in the 1st.

MedellinHeel

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

Sorry, if the BPA is a corner or safety or linebacker or defensive end, then we take him. End of story. We're no different than The Seahawks, Niners, Chiefs, etc. Defense is our nucleus at the moment.

Agreed! Stupid Thread... No reason to reach that's how u get screwed.

I think CB or WR are the most likely picks in round one - probably just going to be BPA between those two positions if I had to guess.

Personally, I'm rooting for a big pass catcher but I definitely see the logic in a corner.

I think you are correct. Even though I actually think our OT situation is eve. Worse than WR or CB, I do not think the value at OT likely avail at 28 will be greater than WR or CB.

But hell, none if us have any clue what we will due. Makes it fun that way.

No you don't. You draft offense regardless especially since we just can't expect people to drop. 28th is essentially a 2nd round pick. So reaching rely isn't a bad thing picking that low

Reaching for a specific position is the strategy of losing franchises. You never reach. You go BPA.

I dont think anyone is advocating reaching for any position. 

it is only a reach if you miss. A player goes bust and he was a reach even if he was projected in the range selected. So no , no one is advocating missing on a prospect.

some prospects can have the same draft grade but still be drafted 10 spots away from each other. would that constitute reaching?

No, that is not reaching.

I am talking about taking a player with a 2nd rd grade over a 1st round grade because you are set on drafting the next best player at a particular position .

Remember when we took Kalil. OL and Center was not a big area if need . His grade was just too high to pass on. And, it paid off.

Well BPA is subjective as hell, its not like every team is drafting from the same draft board. Every team ranks players differently and removes certain players for certain reasons.

A "reach" is generally a perceived idea based off mock drafts or someone elses scouting report of where people expected them to go. There are no guarantees about any player, its why most team miss on half their picks.

Well BPA is subjective as hell, its not like every team is drafting from the same draft board. Every team ranks players differently and removes certain players for certain reasons.

A "reach" is generally a perceived idea based off mock drafts or someone elses scouting report of where people expected them to go. There are no guarantees about any player, its why most team miss on half their picks.

This. BPA is about as subjective as it gets and rarely is accurate. If you could have a re-draft every year the order would be insanely different. 

Archived