• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fug a CB or any D player in the 1st.

MedellinHeel

Ill roll with them all day over rolling with no Gross and Bell. 

Talk about running for your life lol

Well fortunately for us, we have a quarterback that is pretty good at running for his life.

There is also a chance that we address the tackle position in free agency. The free agents at the tackle position are far more and better than those at the corner position.

Eugune Monroe, Jared Veldheer, Branden Albert, Rodger Saffold, Anthony Collins, Michael Oher, Zach Strief, Geoff Schwartz, and Austin Howard easily all top 100 free agents.

Everyone. Pretty much all mocks have Gilbert and Dennard going early and Verrett, Fuller, etc going later in the next wave.

Those guys are not grouped with Gilbert and Dennard. Atleast not that ive seen.

Nah duh!

Bc only about 2-3 teams drafting in the top15 actually need a corner: Minny, Lions, Steelers (Gilbert/Dennard). After Steelers at no15, it is not until Cincy (24) and SD (25) that a team will be looking at cb again.

Im not sure what you are talking about. Verrett, Fuller, and Roby's values are higher than where they are supposed to be mocked/drafted at.

CJ Mosley, Xavier Sua'Filo, Gabe Jackson, etc all holds great value but everywhere Im looking at theyre being mocked mid 1st, some late 1st to even the 2nd round. It doesnt mean anything. Mock drafts are not based on BPA, but "needs".

Nah duh!

Bc only about 2-3 teams drafting in the top15 actually need a corner: Minny, Lions, Steelers (Gilbert/Dennard). After Steelers at no15, it is not until Cincy (24) and SD (25) that a team will be looking at cb again.

Im not sure what you are talking about. Verrett, Fuller, and Roby's values are higher than where they are supposed to be mocked/drafted at.

CJ Mosley, Xavier Sua'Filo, Gabe Jackson, etc all holds great value but everywhere Im looking at theyre being mocked mid 1st, some late 1st to even the 2nd round. It doesnt mean anything. Mock drafts are not based on BPA, but "needs".

the way i'm viewing this particular class is that there are twice as many prospects who would normally be taken in the first 15 picks and twice as many first round caliber players as there would be an any other year. that might be a bit of a  stretch, but not much of one. this class is just stacked with talent. 

and while i believe that this class of corners is big and talented, it's not nearly as deep as WR and OT. you can find really good players and legit starting WRs and OTs in the third and  fourth rounds (and maybe even in the fifth round for WRs and RTs), but you can't really say that for CBs. if you want a really good CB, you're gonna have to pick one in the first couple rounds and maybe the first round and a half because those guys are going to go quickly. i can see between 5 and 8 CBs going off the board before we get to our second pick, in fact I've seen mocks where 5 CBs go before #28. if that happened with WRs and OTs (which is quite likely) it would still leave plenty of talent on the table for us in the next couple rounds. you just can't say that with CBs. there's just not that many of them. 

the way i'm viewing this particular class is that there are twice as many prospects who would normally be taken in the first 15 picks and twice as many first round caliber players as there would be an any other year. that might be a bit of a  stretch, but not much of one. this class is just stacked with talent. 

and while i believe that this class of corners is big and talented, it's not nearly as deep as WR and OT. you can find really good plagers and legit starting WRs and OTs in the third and  fourth rounds (and maybe even in the fifth round for WRs and RTs), but you can't really say that for CBs. if you want a really good CB, you're gonna have to pick one in the first couple rounds and maybe the first round and a half because those guys are going to go quickly. i can see between 5 and 8 CBs going off the board before we get to our second pick, in fact I've seen mocks where 5 CBs go before #28. if that happened with WRs and OTs (which is quite likely) it would still leave plenty of talent on the table for us in the next couple rounds. you just can't say that with CBs. there's just not that many of them. 

that is absolutely correct in regards to the corners in this draft. We are not going to lose out on WR talent if we go CB early but we could lose out if we went the other way around. That is if we want a starting caliber CB.I  think we need one , we have neglected that  position for several years now.

Nah duh!

Thought teams draft BPA and not need? lol

Our defense heavily relying on a pass rush is a dangerous game. Last season we were VERY lucky with injuries. Of the key players on the defense, only CJ got injured hurt for a little. Everyone else was relatively healthy. Our secondary was exposed even with good pass rush.

We can still surround Cam with weapons and protection. There is FA and the draft is deep at OT and WR. IF a CB is the BPA, at #28, you have to go with him.

No you don't. You draft offense regardless especially since we just can't expect people to drop. 28th is essentially a 2nd round pick. So reaching rely isn't a bad thing picking that low

No you don't. You draft offense regardless especially since we just can't expect people to drop. 28th is essentially a 2nd round pick. So reaching rely isn't a bad thing picking that low

this, anything in the late 1st to mid 2nd is essentially the same imo. not really a reach. 

Archived