• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phils get Cliff Lee/Francisco

Johnny Rockets

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hammels is struggling mightly, as a lifelong Braves fan it pains me but the NL will be won by LA or STL noone else will be able to hang with them.

are you kidding? Hamels has turned it on his past few starts. and the Phils just took 2/3 from STL. LA is the only team that scares me and they scared me last season and look how that turned out...

are you kidding? Hamels has turned it on his past few starts. and the Phils just took 2/3 from STL. LA is the only team that scares me and they scared me last season and look how that turned out...

Keep in mind we faced the bottom of that Cards rotation when we played them. Facing Carpenter and Wainwright is a whole new ballgame (no pun intended). Those two are nasty and their lineup can put up some runs. Both are very good teams though and others could be in the mix by years end.

As far as the trade goes, I think once the disappointment of not getting Doc wears of you will warm up to it. Especially if Drabek is as good as he is supposed to be (but they rarely are) and next year we go Lee, Hamels, Blanton, Happ and Drabek (or something similar). Francisco can really be a very good outfielder for us in the future also. Big picture it looks to be a great move, better than the Halladay trade. I am 100% on board with it.

the cardinals didnt face Hamels either so...like i said, the dodgers are the only team that scare me.

i think you are right about the trade. i really like the francisco pick up as well. i am not sold on drabek at all and thought giving him up for Halladay would be easy...

also, i immediately thought "hey they didnt give anything up for lee...they should still go out and get Doc!!" imagine Halladay, Hamels, Lee and Blanton in the playoffs. That would be amazing. lol

also, i immediately thought "hey they didnt give anything up for lee...they should still go out and get Doc!!" imagine Halladay, Hamels, Lee and Blanton in the playoffs. That would be amazing. lol

:lol:....I thought the same thing......."What a second...we still have what the Blue Jays were wanting.........."

All you need in the playoffs are 2 good pitchers and we have that now......oh yeah, and you need a great closer...............:(

ps....Cardinals > Dodgers (sorry K.G)

Just my opinion...I can't really argue against the other way either.

:lol:....I thought the same thing......."What a second...we still have what the Blue Jays were wanting.........."

All you need in the playoffs are 2 good pitchers and we have that now......oh yeah, and you need a great closer...............:(

ps....Cardinals > Dodgers (sorry K.G)

Just my opinion...I can't really argue against the other way either.

15 inning game against the Cardinals yesterday. The bullpen blew two save opportunities, then lost it in the 15th. :(

The Cards always take the Dodgers lunch money in St Lou.

Kershaw pitched 8 scoreless, no way you trade that kid for Halliday. I'd like Sherrill from the O's however.

Archived