• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Big Challenge

rko396

Havent posted much since the draft since nothing that was actually news worthy happened (minus peppers signing, but i was on vacation). Am I'm not one to sit here and kill time talking about Vick or Favre or whatevr. So finally it's football season and we face our first challenge:

As of right now, it's Richard Marshall vs. DeShaun Jackson. We know Westbrook will have one or two good runs but will mostly be bottled up all game. Our great running game vs. Phili D is a even matchup. I see the game being extremely close. So, it's Marshall vs. Jackson. Who comes out on top?

I agree, we'll have the advantage up front, plus our linebackers dropping into coverage will give us some advantage when it comes to stopping Westbrook.

The thing is, we have to maintain possession. The Eagles become lethal when building a lead, we need to keep the ball on the ground and pound all day forcing the eagles to rely on their line.

If Brown fires, I'm expecting big things from a line that could possibly go to a 5 man front, try stopping

Brown - Peppers - Lewis - Brayton - Johnson all firing at you.

Hell bring that front down and drop Peppers off into coverage and see if he can bait McNabb into throwing a stupid check down INT.

get marshall to blitz off one side and stunt a linebacker out to the flat, there's a lot of variance we can pull with the ends / linebackers we have. The worry is if that fails and we're already behind on the baord or Godfrey and whomever our nickel is aren't up to the challenge.

The thing with the eagles is, Kevin Curtis and Jason Avant are still excellent receivers and they're the third and fourth option, even hank baskett can get deep.

The eagles have a downright scary WR corp.

We will use run game/ball control to dictate the game and they will be unable to stop us. The clock will become their enemy and we dominate on offense They will not be able to overcome that part of the game and we win by 10 or 13. This is the beginning of our rise as an elite team in the league.

Don't wake me up til after our bye week.

It won't be Jackson against Marshall or Gamble unless we go to man under on our cover 2. If it is zone under then the corners will play the receivers off the line and turn them over to the safeties on deep patterns. So it isn't a player against a player but our zone and pass rush against their receiver corp and offensive line. If we don't keep someone or two people on Westbrook at all times we are crazy. I wonder if he is going to be back in time for the game.

We will use run game/ball control to dictate the game and they will be unable to stop us. The clock will become their enemy and we dominate on offense They will not be able to overcome that part of the game and we win by 10 or 13. This is the beginning of our rise as an elite team in the league.

Don't wake me up til after our bye week.

carolina leaves much to be desired in the time of possession category.

iirc, they ranked in the bottom half of the league last season.

deagelo's big play ability makes the run game too explosive to be used as a tool to run off the clock.

If Maclin signs, ya gotta watch for that guy too, I know he is a rook but i think he will produce, I've watched him here at Mizzou (I don't go there I just live in the city) and man that guy is a good receiver, so that just makes the iggles elite WR corps that much better...

i realize we aren't just playing man all game, but the first 5-10 yrds bumping and interupting the Eagle's timing is the key. I figured Curtis would be starting so I assumed Jackson would be their number 2. Guess not, but either way, you know McNabb will try to exploit Marshall more then Gamble. Just ment that Marshall needs to hold his own for the first few weeks cuz teams will be testing him. I wouldn't consider Gamble a shut-down corner yet but he was deff on his way there (before our entire D folding late last year).

don't forget this will be an emotional game for the eagles-- considering it will be their first game since the passing of johnson. just a thought-- intangible to consider.

You mean like playing New Orleans's first game after Katrina.

I agree, we'll have the advantage up front, plus our linebackers dropping into coverage will give us some advantage when it comes to stopping Westbrook.

The thing is, we have to maintain possession. The Eagles become lethal when building a lead, we need to keep the ball on the ground and pound all day forcing the eagles to rely on their line.

If Brown fires, I'm expecting big things from a line that could possibly go to a 5 man front, try stopping

Brown - Peppers - Lewis - Brayton - Johnson all firing at you.

Hell bring that front down and drop Peppers off into coverage and see if he can bait McNabb into throwing a stupid check down INT.

get marshall to blitz off one side and stunt a linebacker out to the flat, there's a lot of variance we can pull with the ends / linebackers we have. The worry is if that fails and we're already behind on the baord or Godfrey and whomever our nickel is aren't up to the challenge.

The thing with the eagles is, Kevin Curtis and Jason Avant are still excellent receivers and they're the third and fourth option, even hank baskett can get deep.

The eagles have a downright scary WR corp.

lol, yeah then people can moan about how Peppers disappeared and didn't earn his $1 million day if McNabb doesn't fall for it.

don't forget this will be an emotional game for the eagles-- considering it will be their first game since the passing of johnson. just a thought-- intangible to consider.

i think we will be fine..philly will have a new oline. that will take time for them to mesh and our defense will be all over that.the only thing that gets me is brown being on the side with the andrews brothers..

one is 6-4 335 and the other is 6-7 342 should be fun seeing what brown can do with them:willy_nilly:

Archived