• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breakfast of choice if you have to rush out of the house

SCP

Rough morning with the kids and wife bitching so I didn't get to have my normal oatmeal or healthy breakfast. Stopped at McD's and got an egg white delight. That thing tasted like what I would imagine Rosie O'Donnel's vagina tastes like.

Where do you eat if you don't have time to make your own? I need some suggestions. I have tried Starbucks egg white and feta wrap which is good but I think it's around 800 calories.

If you have a Dunkin Donuts nearby and you're looking for a healthier option, they have a pretty good flatbread eggwhite/spinach/turkey sausage/cheese sandwich. Not sure on the calorie count, but I can't imagine it's too bad. Can't go wrong with a chicken burrito from Chick-fil-A, either.

Egg white and Feta sounds god awful.   But I don't like eggs or feta very much.  If I am in a rush, probably a nature valley honey grain and oats bar, orange juice, and a banana.  If I am not in a hurry, bojangles biscuit with fries and OJ. 

At starbucks, its usually a croissant and a skinny vanilla latte.  The croissants don't have much taste, but they are low on the calorie scale. 

Rough morning with the kids and wife bitching so I didn't get to have my normal oatmeal or healthy breakfast. Stopped at McD's and got an egg white delight. That thing tasted like what I would imagine Rosie O'Donnel's vagina tastes like.

Where do you eat if you don't have time to make your own? I need some suggestions. I have tried Starbucks egg white and feta wrap which is good but I think it's around 800 calories.

Panera if you can find one.

Einstein bagels

Or sometimes I just grab a Greek yogurt and a banana

Also my healthy shakes are the best, but that is if you have time at the house

I rush out of the door every day. Because of DC traffic, I work an 8-4:30 day, so there's never an opportunity for breakfast at home.

So here are my suggestions:

• Balance Bar and an apple - Vitamins, 15g of protein to keep me full til lunch, and <300 calories total.
  • Lenny and Larry Complete Cookie - 16g protein. 380 calories though. But if you have a morning sweet tooth, it beats the hell out of a doughnut!
  • Subway - Foot long egg and cheese omelet. I add a veggie patty and avocado, and save half for lunch. Healthy and economical. ~600 calories per half, less if you can skimp on the cheese. But it's so filling I can just get a side salad for dinner.  

I rush out of the door every day. Because of DC traffic, I work an 8-4:30 day, so there's never an opportunity for breakfast at home.

So here are my suggestions:

• Balance Bar and an apple - Vitamins, 15g of protein to keep me full til lunch, and <300 calories total.
  • Lenny and Larry Complete Cookie - 16g protein. 380 calories though. But if you have a morning sweet tooth, it beats the hell out of a doughnut!
  • Subway - Foot long egg and cheese omelet. I add a veggie patty and avocado, and save half for lunch. Healthy and economical. ~600 calories per half, less if you can skimp on the cheese. But it's so filling I can just get a side salad for dinner.  

Not trying to pick on you here, but this entire post, in it's entirety, is my worst possible nightmare.

Not trying to pick on you here, but this entire post, in it's entirety, is my worst possible nightmare.

LOL! Mine too, actually.

I'm just paying my dues now because my 5-year plan is to kick ass and then do consulting work 100% from my home office in the Florida Keys.  I'll have all the time in the world for breakfast then.

*edit*

I'd like to actually add that the Complete Cookie is not a nightmare at all. I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. It's a meal replacement that's a god damned chocolate chip cookie! And it doesn't taste like a protein bar, all chemically and gross. It's tastes like a friggin' toll house, soft cookie.

Archived