• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Martin

ctrcat

Interviews are a pretty big part of the free agent process, an extremely important part of making sure you get 'the right guy'. Same thing applies to the draft.

Some personnel guys put more on the interview because everybody you see is talented. Chemistry is a big deal, especially on O-Line..

A guy like Incognito doesn't just become a model citizen by being around good guys.

Part of the way you keep good team chemistry in a locker room is by keeping guys like Incognito out.

The chances of someone like Incognito being brought into this team are pretty much less than zero.

I don't want him to be a model citizen. I think you need a little nasty in a RG. IMO with player like Gross and Kali resumes and clout in a locker room. A player like Incognito is easier to deal with and will fall in line.

1. Bullies pick on the weak. Not 2 team captains with higher credential then him. You never heard about Incognito bullying Jake Long.

2. I think the coaches in Miami ocrastraded the situation between Incognito and Martin and Incognito went to far. I don't think the coaching staff here would ask him to do that. Nor do I think Gross or Kali would allow it.

Give this man a chance. Alot of guys take some time develop. Saying he sucks now isnt quite fair. Alot of guys dont remember but ryan kalil sucked at the beginning http://www.heraldonline.com/2007/09/16/122300/after-rough-day-rookie-lineman.html He only started 3 games for us his rookie season and was replaced due to poor play. It also took Charles Johnson and Hardy roughly 3 years to emerge as very good players.

I am sure you dont want peeps to say you suck when you only worked at your job for 2 months. Signing him is like getting a free draft pick.

Kali was playing out of position and no he did not suck. CJ and Hardy were both Victims of Fox's love for veterans and Everette Brown being a higher draft pick we traded for. Not the same situations at all. Martin just sucked and there were questioned about his toughness even before the Incognito stuff.

I don't want him to be a model citizen. I think you need a little nasty in a RG. IMO with player like Gross and Kali resumes and clout in a locker room. A player like Incognito is easier to deal with and will fall in line.

1. Bullies pick on the weak. Not 2 team captains with higher credential then him. You never heard about Incognito bullying Jake Long.

2. I think the coaches in Miami ocrastraded the situation between Incognito and Martin and Incognito went to far. I don't think the coaching staff here would ask him to do that. Nor do I think Gross or Kali would allow it.

"On field nasty" is one thing.  "Total a--hole" is another.  Ask T.O.'s teammates.  If you don't know the difference between those two things, it's something you need to learn.

No, Incognito wouldn't be able to pick on Gross or Kalil, but lesser guys?  Undrafted rookies?  Maybe even a guy like Edmund Kugbila?  Oh yeah. He's not changing, and any team that expects him to is naive.

I'm not really sure what "ocrastraded" means (I'm guessing 'orchestrated' maybe) but it doesn't matter how it came about.  This wasn't his first incident.  He's had behavioral problems since college (Nebraska gave him the heave ho) and they only got worse when he got to the pros.  And after hearing his father talk, it's easy to tell he comes by it honest.

Argue for him all you want.  You're wasting your breath.  He's never coming here, and that's the right choice.

Jonathan Martin probably isn't either, but he at least conceivably could.  Incognito has no shot whatsoever (nor should he).

"On field nasty" is one thing. "Total a--hole" is another. Ask T.O.'s teammates. If you don't know the difference between those two things, it's something you need to learn.

No, Incognito wouldn't be able to pick on Gross or Kalil, but lesser guys? Undrafted rookies? Maybe even a guy like Edmund Kugbila? Oh yeah. He's not changing, and any team that expects him to is naive.

I'm not really sure what "ocrastraded" means (I'm guessing 'orchestrated' maybe) but it doesn't matter how it came about. This wasn't his first incident. He's had behavioral problems since college (Nebraska gave him the heave ho) and they only got worse when he got to the pros. And after hearing his father talk, it's easy to tell he comes by it honest.

Argue for him all you want. You're wasting your breath. He's never coming here, and that's the right choice.

Jonathan Martin probably isn't either, but he at least conceivably could. Incognito has no shot whatsoever (nor should he).

I don't care if incognito is here or not. My point was I could see it working better here. Then a marshmallow bust like Martin. Again there was no leadership on the Oline in Miami to push the stop button on Incognito actions like there is here. Gross nor Kali would allow him to get out of order with Kugs or any other young player. If it came down between the 2 (which it won't hopefully neither will be here) give me the RG with a nasty streak over the sensitive "victim" protecting the franchise.

I don't care if incognito is here or not. My point was I could see it working better here. Then a marshmallow bust like Martin. Again there was no leadership on the Oline in Miami to push the stop button on Incognito actions like there is here. Gross nor Kali would allow him to get out of order with Kugs or any other young player. If it came down between the 2 (which it won't hopefully neither will be here) give me the RG with a nasty streak over the sensitive "victim" protecting the franchise.

Whether or not Martin would work here?  Unknown.

Your suggestion that Incognito could fit in here?  Dead wrong, but also moot.

Teams that take in locker room cancers like that are teams that tend to fail.  Happily, this team doesn't do that.

Whether or not Martin would work here? Unknown.

Your suggestion that Incognito could fit in here? Dead wrong, but also moot.

Teams that take in locker room cancers like that are teams that tend to fail. Happily, this team doesn't do that.

That is your opinion. I've seen teams with strong locker rooms bring in "cancers" and have great success.

Examples: Moss and the Pats.

IMO Martin doesn't have the heart nor the ability to work anywhere.

Like I said before Bell may not be good but he's better then Martin.

Real question if Martin was a 6th round pick or undrafted FA. Would this even be a topic?

damaged goods i think we should pass were not at that point where we can bring guys in like that and get the full potential out of them like a Patriots or any team Peytons on.

You sure of that?  I mean, guys like Ted Ginn and Mike Mitchell weren't as successful in prior years as they were here.

Setting aside the question of Martin, is it valid to say this team doesn't maximize talent?

You sure of that?  I mean, guys like Ted Ginn and Mike Mitchell weren't as successful in prior years as they were here.

Setting aside the question of Martin, is it valid to say this team doesn't maximize talent?

sure never, but Ted Ginn was buried on the 49ers depth chart and Mitchell.......was with the raiders......both didn't have a issue like Martin.

wouldn't mine if they sign him but we couldn't get anything positive out of guys like Fua and Norman, it would be a up hill battle but if they feel he's better then bell bring him in immediately

to answer the second question it's a toss up, before Rivera got here the answer was no but we have gotten good production out of most our players since he's been here

sure never, but Ted Ginn was buried on the 49ers depth chart and Mitchell.......was with the raiders......both didn't have a issue like Martin.

wouldn't mine if they sign him but we couldn't get anything positive out of guys like Fua and Norman, it would be a up hill battle but if they feel he's better then bell bring him in immediately

I don't think the issue with Fua and Norman was that we couldn't get the best out of them.  I think it's more that their best just wasn't good enough.  Some guys just don't have what it takes.  And that's ultimately on Marty Hurney, not Ron Rivera.

So what about Martin?  If we gave him a shot, I'd be okay with it. If we completely avoided him, I'd be okay too. 

I do think he has a legit chance to get a fresh start and maybe be a better player somewhere else, and he'll probably get it.  Wherever he does get it, it'll be on him and his new coaches whether or not he succeeds. Just don't see it happening here.

damaged goods i think we should pass were not at that point where we can bring guys in like that and get the full potential out of them like a Patriots or any team Peytons on.

I don't think he was ever "good"so now he's just damaged.

Archived