• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Martin

ctrcat

You can't tell me he won't hear or be called worst by opponents. On a play by play basis.

No doubt, same as Manti Te'o.

A situation like this can affect him in a couple of ways.  He could completely wilt under the pressure, or he could find his spine, give in to the Dark Side of The Force and let his rage fuel him to dominate his opponents.

Whether or not you sign him depends on what you believe he'll do, and you learn that by interviewing him and gauging his answers.

Would rather have Incognito. 

Oh Lord, no :(

And I seriously doubt guys like Kalil, Gross, Smitty and other team leaders would accept an a--hole like Incognito in the Panthers locker room.  Even less likely that Ron Rivera would want him there.

Feel pretty confident in sayin' that ain't happnin'.

Exactly. He wasn't all that good in Miami, so I doubt he will suddenly be good here. It would take some serious looking into where he's concerned before I would even think about trying to sign him.

But yet people think that by taking an unknown in the late first this year, or even late 2nd or 3rd, we should expect an instant pro-bowler? The #1 overall pick, Eric Fisher, was bad most of the year. Look at the rest of the first round tackles, none "great".

No doubt, same as Manti Te'o.

U

A situation like this can affect him in a couple of ways. He could completely wilt under the pressure, or he could find his spine, give in to the Dark Side of The Force and let his rage fuel him to dominate his opponents.

Whether or not you sign him depends on what you believe he'll do, and you learn that by interviewing him and gauging his answers.

Nah talk is cheap. People can always tell you what they think you want to hear.

I'm sorry if he was good before the scandal maybe. But he wasn't. He was getting Tannilhille killed.

And I seriously doubt guys like Kalil, Gross, Smitty and other team leaders would accept an a--hole like Incognito in the Panthers locker room. Even less likely that Ron Rivera would want him there.

I think the fact you have them makes that situation manageable. No way Incognito comes in and challenges players like Gross and Kali. Their resumes carry more weight then his.

Nah talk is cheap. People can always tell you what they think you want to hear.

I'm sorry if he was good before the scandal maybe. But he wasn't. He was getting Tannilhille killed.

Interviews are a pretty big part of the free agent process, an extremely important part of making sure you get 'the right guy'.  Same thing applies to the draft.

Some personnel guys put more on the interview because everybody you see is talented.  Chemistry is a big deal, especially on O-Line..

I think the fact you have them makes that situation manageable. No way Incognito comes in and challenges players like Gross and Kali. Their resumes carry more weight then his.

A guy like Incognito doesn't just become a model citizen by being around good guys.

Part of the way you keep good team chemistry in a locker room is by keeping guys like Incognito out.

The chances of someone like Incognito being brought into this team are pretty much less than zero.

Give this man a chance. Alot of guys take some time develop. Saying he sucks now isnt quite fair. Alot of guys dont remember but ryan kalil sucked at the beginning http://www.heraldonline.com/2007/09/16/122300/after-rough-day-rookie-lineman.html He only started 3 games for us his rookie season and was replaced due to poor play. It also took Charles Johnson and Hardy roughly 3 years to emerge as very good players. 

I am sure you dont want peeps to say you suck when you only worked at your job for 2 months. Signing him is like getting a free draft pick. 

And I seriously doubt guys like Kalil, Gross, Smitty and other team leaders would accept an a--hole like Incognito in the Panthers locker room.  Even less likely that Ron Rivera would want him there.

I'd feel pretty confident saying that neither one of these two bozos will be suiting up for the Panthers any time soon. 

Give this man a chance. Alot of guys take some time develop. Saying he sucks now isnt quite fair. Alot of guys dont remember but ryan kalil sucked at the beginning http://www.heraldonline.com/2007/09/16/122300/after-rough-day-rookie-lineman.html He only started 3 games for us his rookie season and was replaced due to poor play. It also took Charles Johnson and Hardy roughly 3 years to emerge as very good players.

I am sure you dont want peeps to say you suck when you only worked at your job for 2 months. Signing him is like getting a free draft pick.

Matt Kalil sucked in Minny in this (his 2nd year) too.

I'd feel pretty confident that neither one of these two bozos will be suiting up for the Panthers any time soon. 

Put it this way: Would you want to be the guy assigned to go to Cam, Smitty, Tobert and others and say "Hey, you know that guy that was in the national news all last year for threatening messages, extreme bullying and a rabidly racist voicemail against one of his black teammates?  Well he's your teammate now and we think he'll be a really good fit here."

Good luck with that :unsure:

I don't see either of them being Panthers next year either, but Jonathan Martin could at least have a realistic shot at it.

Richie Incognito is never gonna be a part of this team.  He might be a Raider, a Bengal or a Cowboy, but he's not coming here.

Archived