• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Martin

ctrcat

Martin has a past that puts everything he's been through MUCH more into perspective. There's a reason why hes constantly surrounded with allegations and very weird/particular types of drama. I am very familiar with a few coaches and admin members of his past teams over the years, none of which had one positive thing to say about him or his up bringing, in regards to attitude/motivation.

This should all be made public in due time. Theres zero reason to believe he will ever amount to anything.

While I'm not privy to this info, the fact is that many people over many years and many teams spoke of Incognito in a negative light. 

Disagree. he started out looking decent. Not great, but decent.

Put it this way: Would you start Byron Bell over him?

Yes!! Byron Bell isn't a great or good player. But you never worry about his mindset. And unlike Martin he wasn't giving a great draft position or money. So he always playing for his football life.

So yes I would much rather play the Un-drafted player who fought for his spot then a high round bust with mental baggage.

:lol:

In my defense, it was relevant to the discussion.

While I'm not privy to this info, the fact is that many people over many years and many teams spoke of Incognito in a negative light.

Oh of course, and in a weird sense, Martin is very lucky that Incognito is such a scumbag, or else Martin wouldn't have automatically been seen as the "victim" in this case.

If this incident involved Martin and a semi un-known 5th-string DT, it would have been a drastically different story.

Nope. Bullying scandal aside, he wasn't very good. He got demoted once, and had been playing poorly on the other side also.

Exactly. He wasn't all that good in Miami, so I doubt he will suddenly be good here. It would take some serious looking into where he's concerned before I would even think about trying to sign him.

Archived