• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Brandin Cooks

Kevin Greene

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/12/hawaii_bowl_driven_by_fathers.html

Great article on Cooks for anyone interested, no much about football just the man. Very Steve Smith-esque upbringing

He is motivated not by money, but instead by wanting to do right for his family. He dreams of coming into his mother’s home and telling her she can quit her job because he just received an NFL paycheck that will change her life.

There is a very high chance that Cooks is the BPA at #28. I'd only rank Watkins, Evans, Benjamin, and Lee over him and I don't think any of those 4 will be available at our pick. I also don't see any of the better OL making it to us either. Cooks is undersized on paper but definitely not on the field. Just watch his highlight tapes. He can go up and get any ball thrown to him. Great route running ability throughout the middle of the field and can burn you deep as well. His play making ability after the catch is unreal. He is also very young and will get stronger and become more physical. He has potential to be the total package. 

If we were able to bring in Nicks or Maclin in FA and then draft Cooks our offense would be improve instantly. 

I do really like Cooks.  But would he be redundant with Smitty still here?  We need some size on the outside.  How does that work with two guys?  Can Smith be really effective for another year on the outside?  I don't know.

This young man though can really move.  Looks very smooth, and does a lot of things well.  I don't see a "sudden-ness" to his movements though.  Then again, I'm not a scout.  I'm also comparing him to Smith.  I don't see anything like Smith's juke on Janoris Jenkins against the Rams.  In one of the videos, there was a good shot of him stopping, and a much bigger guy looked like a fool, which was pretty sweet.  That's not going to play on Sundays.  At 34, Smith can still take guys 10 years his junior and physically out quick them.  Can Cooks?

Who knows, but he looks like a good WR.  If the Panthers choose him, I hope he's awesome =)

I like Cook but not in the 1st.  I also hate the thinking that every Wr under 6'0 is the next Smitty. 

Smitty being the success he is isn't easy to duplicate.  His speed agility toughness and vertical leap add in his anger can't be so easily put in 

the same package. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived