• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Dwayne Jarrett blows up, can anyone stop our offense?

The Question

Hidden

You few who simply point out a flaw or two ought to point that out because from a distance with the constant bashing going on from people who aren't't considering all facts, naturally, you'll get grouped together with them. Can't say it's unreasonable for me to point this out.

P55's point was correct (unless you want to dismiss it without a good reason), but I think with my above statement would have helped keep your feelings from getting hurt.

Just an idea and throwing it out there, that's all.

You few who simply point out a flaw or two ought to point that out because from a distance with the constant bashing going on from people who aren't't considering all facts, naturally, you'll get grouped together with them. Can't say it's unreasonable for me to point this out.

P55's point was correct (unless you want to dismiss it without a good reason), but I think with my above statement would have helped keep your feelings from getting hurt by getting grouped in with the rest.

P55's point was correct (unless you want to dismiss it without a good reason), but I think with my above statement would have helped keep your feelings from getting hurt by getting grouped in with the rest.

It isn't about being correct or not. It has to do with respecting everyone's opinion. You don't like my opinion that is your choice. Why they call it an opinion. But to question the knowledge and degrade them in the 1st words out of you mouth is wrong. DEAD WRONG.

I disagree with people on here all the time. And rarely bite back until you get personal. P55 got personal and I didn't appreciate it. You and the entire board can agree with him and it still doesn't make YOUR OPINION any more valid than mine. And I still don't agree with his assessment I stand by mine. Our beloved Jake Delhomme gets Tunnelvision to Smitty.

YOUR OPINION...

I Think this is hilarious. I am a huge supporter of Jake, I always have been. I think his performance in the playoffs was just a bad game. Over the last 6 months many wanted to bash him and call for his job and a few wanted his head on a platter.

I point out the one fault I think he has and you would think I thought he was the worst QB ever. You would have thought I stated something NO one has ever said about him. WTFever.

I have my OPINION if you don't like it I DON'T CARE.

GO Panthers

Not sure where the hostility came from. I was merely disagreeing with your assertion that Jake locks onto Smitty any more than most QB's lock onto their #1 target. It was not a personal attack.

If my post came across as such, I extend my apologies to you.

Someone posted stats here a few months ago that showed this to be true. I am going to try and find that post or where their stats came from.

It isn't about being correct or not. It has to do with respecting everyone's opinion. You don't like my opinion that is your choice. Why they call it an opinion. But to question the knowledge and degrade them in the 1st words out of you mouth is wrong. DEAD WRONG.

I disagree with people on here all the time. And rarely bite back until you get personal. P55 got personal and I didn't appreciate it. You and the entire board can agree with him and it still doesn't make YOUR OPINION any more valid than mine. And I still don't agree with his assessment I stand by mine. Our beloved Jake Delhomme gets Tunnelvision to Smitty.

well, like I said, when people come on here and blast absurd opinions without much to back it up and claim everyone else is wrong, us humans who aren't perfect get frustrated and blast back at times. You can say you pointed out one flaw, yet still like Jake, and all I'm saying is... separate yourself in the post somehow so you aren't grouped with the rest. You're welcome to your opinion... not saying you aren't. Just explaining why you may have got blasted and a solution in the future, because it's not about who's right and who's wrong.. it's about who's supporting their opinion and who's not..

And when I say correct, I'm merely saying, it's a fact that Smitty gets thrown to as much as other #1's.. You can still point out that Jake has tunnel vision, but just responding to your "correct or not"... There's a reason why his post is being agreed with and hard to follow why you have the opinion you do.. You're welcome to it, but people are still going to appreciate much more to see why you have that opinion..

Anyhow, was just mediating.. This seems to be a rising issue in recent weeks, and I'm to blame as well.. A little understanding from "both parties" is needed.

Not sure where the hostility came from. I was merely disagreeing with your assertion that Jake locks onto Smitty any more than most QB's lock onto their #1 target. It was not a personal attack.

Someone posted stats here a few months ago that showed this to be true. I am going to try and find that post or where their stats came from.

I think Roddy White recieved the highest percentage of targets last year when looking a total passes in an offense. I think the Jake/Smith combo was #3.......

Actually, I think that it was Brandon Marshall who was targeted the most last season....I may be wrong though. I didnt look it up, its just something that I saw on Sportscenter.

maybe pure total targets on the year. Roddy White received the largest percentage of targets. So, basically like 65% of Ryans throws were intended for White. Marshall could have had more targets but only 60% of Culters passes could have been intended for Marhsall. Those are made up numbers just to try to get across what I was saying.

Wasnt being hostile towards you. " I have my OPINION if you don't like it I DON'T CARE." was on a seperate line intented as YOU being who ever was reading it.

Let me rephrase because I truly wasn't being hostile towards you. I have my OPINION and if anyone doesn't like it, I DON'T CARE

Save your research. Stat can be manipulated to prove almost any point. Did they include the 1st 2 games in this research. That would lower his percentages if they did. What about games that the running game was dominating? Don't really need Smitty's number then. What about the games we were trailing? Call me hardhead and even stubborn but I still believe Jake's biggest flaw is his tendency to look Smitty's way more than he should. Don't know if I blame him as Smitty is a HOF receiver. (Sure that is another argument)

And MY APOLOGY for my statement using YOU instead of anyone.

maybe pure total targets on the year. Roddy White received the largest percentage of targets. So, basically like 65% of Ryans throws were intended for White. Marshall could have had more targets but only 60% of Culters passes could have been intended for Marhsall. Those are made up numbers just to try to get across what I was saying.

Ohhhhh, okay. I gotcha.

Wasnt being hostile towards you. " I have my OPINION if you don't like it I DON'T CARE." was on a seperate line intented as YOU being who ever was reading it.

Let me rephrase because I truly wasn't being hostile towards you. I have my OPINION and if anyone doesn't like it, I DON'T CARE

Save your research. Stat can be manipulated to prove almost any point. Did they include the 1st 2 games in this research. That would lower his percentages if they did. What about games that the running game was dominating? Don't really need Smitty's number then. What about the games we were trailing? Call me hardhead and even stubborn but I still believe Jake's biggest flaw is his tendency to look Smitty's way more than he should. Don't know if I blame him as Smitty is a HOF receiver. (Sure that is another argument)

And MY APOLOGY for my statement using YOU instead of anyone.

Here is the thing. yes I said if you are such a big jake supporter then you should know the facts about him which you obviously don't. You as much admitted you don't care about stats or facts so stop getting all bent when I say you don't know the facts. You admit you don't care to know!! That wasn't an insult but as you implied yourself, it was the truth.

But if that hurt your feelings then I apologize. I had no idea you were so thin-skinned that you would go on and on for pages about a one or two sentence comment.

If on the other hand you had replied that if this included the first 2 games smitty was suspended then the results could be skewed, then we could have had a basis for discussion.

Try these facts.

Minnesota- Jake 17 completions, Smith got 4

Atlanta- Jake 20 completions- Smith got 6

Kansas City- Jake 14- Smitty caught 6

Tampa I- Jake 20- Smitty got 6

NO I- Jake 14- Smith 6

Arizona- Jake 20- Smith 5

Oakland- Jake 7- Smith 1

Detroit- Jake 10- Smith 6

Atlanta 2- Jake 21, Smith 8

Green Bay- Jake 12, Smith 4,

Tampa II- Jake 14, Smitty 9,

Denver- Jake 17, Smith 9,

Giants- Jake 11, Smith 3,

NO II- Jake 14, Smith 5,

And if you say that attempts are more accurate, consider that Smitty caught a higher percentage of balls thrown his way than anyone else which means his completions as a percentage of Jake's completions will be higher than balls thrown his way as a percentage of attempts by Jake. So if we looked at attempts it would be a lower percentage of the totals and further prove my point.

All I do is look at them and report what they say. That is called forming an opinion based on the facts not forming an opinion despite the facts.

Now you look at the above facts and tell me, does he have tunnel vision and fail to spread the ball? The reality from my point of view is that Smith's receptions are a function of the secondary coverage and Smitty's great talent not tunnel vision or failure to spread the ball around. He wasn't even the leading receiver in 6 of those 14 games. Why not?? Teams doubled Smitty forcing Jake to throw somewhere else.

It isn't having an opinion, as much as it is having an informed opinion based on facts rather than one that is directly disputed by the facts.

Archived