• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cordarrelle Patterson/Keenan Allen

ctrcat

Ha, even if you think he'll be a bust there is no way this is true.

Right  now is the hype period. Throughout the entire season he wasn't projected to be a 1st rounder and people had to convince themselves(with some Skip Bayless incentives) that he was. Now all of a sudden he's projected(by Kiper) as the 1st pick. They're just building up the story for the off season. Watch all of sudden after the combine and interviews that "Johnny Manziel is falling out of the 1st round from most people's draft board". It's a media fiasco. I have nothing against Manziel but he's nothing that we haven't seen before. GMs are probably just playing around with little Johnny through Kiper. I remember an announcer stated that he was asking around the NFL how NFL players view Manziel as a pro and one of the player stated he'd love to have Manziel in their division. The announcers chuckled among themselves at the response. Now out of nowhere he's the #1 player in the draft where Clowney is a contestant? Give me a break!

I think the only reason Manziel is even considered a 1st round pick is due to Russell Wilson's success. At 6'1 and 200 pounds and lack of an arm, I don't see how Manziel is considered a 1st rounder outside of that reason.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Remember, Cam was not even close to being in the discussion at the top of the draft until after the season ended. He rocketed up mock "boards" fast. 90% of these guys online have non idea what they are talking about. It's usually not that the nfl board positions swing violently, it's that the guys online find things out late.

There are plenty of good wr that will be available late, but if we want someone close to resembling a #1 then. We will have to picks them early, like te first round.

There is also massive difference of opinion in these different mocks. It's frequent that you see the same player go first round in one mock and third round I'm another. It's too early to have much of an idea of who exactly will be available when. The only thing you can get a grasp of now if how deep certain positions are and where the Tiers of talent at those positions should likely fall

Apparently my post got deleted so I will post again.

I do believe that Manziel is over-hyped and doesn't deserve a 1st round grade because I believe the primary reason he is be looked at in the 1st is due to his athleticism and sharpness. I do believe he lacks the prototypical size and strength of a QB which is why I don't believe he should be a 1st rounder.

With the recent success of Wilson, however, I do see why teams are willing to take a risk on him. I still say Top 10 and even 1st round is way to early.

Apparently my post got deleted so I will post again.

I do believe that Manziel is over-hyped and doesn't deserve a 1st round grade because I believe the primary reason he is be looked at in the 1st is due to his athleticism and sharpness. I do believe he lacks the prototypical size and strength of a QB which is why I don't believe he should be a 1st rounder.

With the recent success of Wilson, however, I do see why teams are willing to take a risk on him. I still say Top 10 and even 1st round is way to early.

Edit: My post didn't get deleted lol

Archived