• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick Reinstated

Cold Cat

The most disturbing thing about Vick is that he participated these activites not for the money, but for pure entertainment. (thats sick and says something about his character)

Its very annoying that somehow now he has become a victim.

" hes done his time ...bla bla" etc...

No other hard working American would have a second chance with their employers, for these crimes..so why should he ?

From what I am hearing from a lot of fans and media is that its all water under the bridge...just let him back. Its almost like if one thinks he should not be allowed back in the league they are being cruel or unfair...garbage!

I guess I am in the monority...I dont think he should play in the NFL again.

Regarding Goodell's ruling..I do not understand it. Let him play in preseason games three and four, then bring him back after 6 games and start the unwanted media hoopla all over again??!!

If Goddell is indeed going to let him back...just let him back.

Breaking it up like that I think is a dumb move and will just re-ignite things.

If the NFL want to move past all this..breaking it into two segments is not the way to go.

Regarding Goodell's ruling..I do not understand it. Let him play in preseason games three and four, then bring him back after 6 games and start the unwanted media hoopla all over again??!!

I think the thinking is to get some out of the way with two pre games, then he sits till WK 6 and they "hope" it all dies down.

Prolly not.

I think Vick will never be a starter in the NFL again. Vick was a perfect fit in Atlanta, but he'll never play there again.

So the only team I can see him playing for would be Oakland. If I had to make a bet today one way or the other whether he plays at all , I bet his NFL career is over.

As long as Dannyboy owns the foreskins anything is possible.

Aren't their alleged/confirmed Rapist and Murders in the league today? Why aren't we giving them as much flack on our boards?

This ^

Stallworth killed a fuger :driving: and he got a month...

I'm not saying I back the decision, but if he plays or not, I don't really care, I don't like the guy but i don't feel offended if he plays a football game again.

I don't like Vick. But have we "huddle members" persecuted any other player as hard as Vick. Aren't their alleged/confirmed Rapist and Murders in the league today? Why aren't we giving them as much flack on our boards?

uh....cuz he was Falcon.

Ya know, just ******* get over it, it's been two years. There's nobody who lovers animals more than me and hates Mike Vick more and since college too, but it's time to get over it and move on...

I understand what you are saying, but this is gonna dog him for years to come...

Kongrats vick! Patrick kerny did no time at all for killing a dog, they just traded him to the seahawks

Kerney never killed a dog. Jonathan Babineaux did.

Aren't their alleged/confirmed Rapist and Murders in the league today? Why aren't we giving them as much flack on our boards?

That's an argument for those guys to be out, not for Vick to be in.

And I'm pretty sure Jerramy Stevens has been quite thoroughly vilified here (among others).

I hope it is not us! What he did was disgusting.

Zero chance of that happening. Never been an option (see Gantt's blog for confirmation)

I've got an idea .... get him to Buffalo, then we can start the betting pool of when TO says that maybe 23 months wasn't enough.

Oh, the potential :lol:

(related story here)

Tony Dungy has agreed to work as an advisor and mentor to Vick.

Vick is a damn fool if he blows this...

We already know he's that.

I won't be surprised if at some point, he feels comfortable with himself and starts blowing off Dungy's mentorship.

Regardless of where he signs, you can expect relentless barking from opposing fans anytime he's on the field.

I never liked the argument that if this was an ordinary person he would lose his job Ban Vick 4 life

Yes if it was you or me FIRED for sure, no doubt having to take a lesser job for less money

But I don't think you can compare NFL players and your average office worker, just speaking from my own experiences you can't compare an office worker and a corporate Exec I have run across plenty of corporate Execs with openly checkered pasts that are still running these company's still making more in year then I make in 5.

Its apples and oranges to me, there just on different levels to much money at stake for the same rules to apply.

But lets say the NFL has had enough and really wanted to clean up its image and start weeding out the trouble makers would you make Vick the Example. IMO NO

Was what he did Wrong YES, was it Illegal YES, but it was any worse then those that have taken/damaged human lives IMO absolutley Not.

Leonard Little & Dante Stallworth playing Grand Theft Auto in real life, Jamaal Lewis AKA Tony Montana. Human Garbage Pac-Man Jones the list is long, with degenerates that I would ban before Vick

Leonard Little & Dante Stallworth playing Grand Theft Auto in real life, Jamaal Lewis AKA Tony Montana. Human Garbage Pac-Man Jones the list is long, with degenerates that I would ban before Vick

I'm against any ban or suspension of Jerramy Stevens.

(I want Tyler Brayton to get another shot at him)

Point taken, but on the flipside playing in the NFL isn't a right. It's a privilege, and that privilege can be taken away for any number of reasons.

Lots of people (in various formats) have talked as if Vick had a "right" to be back in the league. Nobody has a "right" to play in the NFL.

Point taken, but on the flipside playing in the NFL isn't a right. It's a privilege, and that privilege can be taken away for any number of reasons.

Lots of people (in various formats) have talked as if Vick had a "right" to be back in the league. Nobody has a "right" to play in the NFL.

Driving is a "privilege" as well but if someone messes up gets DUI whatever loses there license, you pay your dues go through the process then sometimes not all the time they will let you drive again.

I agree he shouldn't be allowed in for the hell of it, but he paid his dues he went through the reprimand process and they are giving him back his "privilege"

Driving is a "privilege" as well but if someone messes up gets DUI whatever loses there license, you pay your dues go through the process then sometimes not all the time they will let you drive again.

I agree he shouldn't be allowed in for the hell of it, but he paid his dues he went through the reprimand process and they are giving him back his "privilege"

Conditionally.

Vick is a bad combination of arrogant and dumb. I won't be terribly surprised if he blows it again. And if that does happen, I'd expect the result to be harsh. Pac Man has likely made Goodell a little wary of "third, fourth and fifth chances".

(occurs to me there's no such thing as a "good" combination of arrogant and dumb, is there?) :sosp:

Archived