• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick Reinstated

Cold Cat

Oh god people the guy is a career scumbag. Don't know where he'll land but I can guarantee you where he won't go other than of course Atlanta: Pittsburgh, Indy, New England, Philly (off the top of my head). Any team that wins consistently isn't taking a flier on a guy who wasn't great at his position in the first place and then spent two years out of the game.

He'll bounce around a few poorly run franchises until he's out for good. Then hopefully we'll be spared his name on repeat at ESPN.

He just hired a trainer not too long ago. I think if hes in descent shape that the Redskins will make a big push for Vick. Their obviously not satisfied with Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis wont be around for much longer. Jim Zorn knows the clock is ticking on his team and key defensive players and will get a big threat his team needs to excel.

He couldn't learn the WCO in the five years Atlanta played it. Why would Zorn pick him up when he doesn't know how to read progressions or throw that well. Campbell is worlds better than Vick at this point, and that isn't saying much.

The NFL has set this thing up to eliminate lawsuits. CYA. Using Tony Dungy's name (as a mentor) and allowing him to play 2 preseason games. Then not Play the first month of the season, gives them time to ( weather the storm of backlash) and to read the poll numbers. Then Goodell will make his decision. Nice set-up.

I wish him well and hope he finds himself out of the NFC South. I'll like him a lot more as an AFC player. Although many of you say the guy sucks as a QB I can only remember the many times he has given the Panthers fits both on the ground and in the air. So much so we drafted TD to shadow him.

I know John Fox can appreciate Vicks absence from Atlanta squad. If I were him I would be ecstatic although Ryan is coming up fast. Truthfully I'd rather have Matt Ryan to cover rather than Vick. The guy is a game changer and a force to be dealt with and you can't take that away from him.

I always hated Michael Vick as a player when we could never beat him. And I hated him even more when I found out about what he did. But, this guy has been beaten up and battered and lost everything and hes served his time, I think this is the right decision.

I think Vick will never be a starter in the NFL again. Vick was a perfect fit in Atlanta, but he'll never play there again.

So the only team I can see him playing for would be Oakland. If I had to make a bet today one way or the other whether he plays at all , I bet his NFL career is over.

The most disturbing thing about Vick is that he participated these activites not for the money, but for pure entertainment. (thats sick and says something about his character)

Its very annoying that somehow now he has become a victim.

" hes done his time ...bla bla" etc...

No other hard working American would have a second chance with their employers, for these crimes..so why should he ?

From what I am hearing from a lot of fans and media is that its all water under the bridge...just let him back. Its almost like if one thinks he should not be allowed back in the league they are being cruel or unfair...garbage!

I guess I am in the monority...I dont think he should play in the NFL again.

Regarding Goodell's ruling..I do not understand it. Let him play in preseason games three and four, then bring him back after 6 games and start the unwanted media hoopla all over again??!!

If Goddell is indeed going to let him back...just let him back.

Breaking it up like that I think is a dumb move and will just re-ignite things.

If the NFL want to move past all this..breaking it into two segments is not the way to go.

I don't like Vick. But have we "huddle members" persecuted any other player as hard as Vick. Aren't their alleged/confirmed Rapist and Murders in the league today? Why aren't we giving them as much flack on our boards?

Archived